During the first day of IPL Mega Auction 2022, a total of 97 players went under the hammer out of which 74 players were sold and 24 players remain unsold. Many players got more than 10 crore in the bidding whereas; the two leading champions Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings broke their own record of never bidding more than 10 crore on a single player but they broke the stereotype and went high on Ishan Kishan and Deepak Chahar, as Ishan Kishan was sold to Mumbai Indians for a whooping amount of 15.25 crores and Deepak Chahar got sold to Chennai Super Kings for a high prize of 14 crores. On the first day of Mega auction there are a total of 10 players who got sold for more than 10 players.
Before we go ahead and shared the list of players who bagged more than 10 crore it’s important to share those players in tabular form in the below format.
|Name||Base Price||Sold Price||Team|
|Shreyas Iyer||2 crore||12.25 crore||KKR|
|Harshal Patel||2 crore||10.75 crore||RCB|
|Wanindu Hasaranga||1 crore||10.75 crore||RCB|
|Ishan Kishan||2 crore||15.25 crore||MI|
|Nicholas Pooran||1.5 crore||10.75 crore||SRH|
|Deepak Chahar||2 crore||14 crore||CSK|
|Prasidh Krishna||1 crore||10 crore||RR|
|Lockie Ferguson||2 crore||10 crore||GT|
|Shardul Thakur||2 crore||10.75 crore||DC|
|Avesh Khan||20 Lakh||10 crore||LSG|
Let`s talk about players who got sold for more than 10 crores:
- In the list of 10 Marquee players Shreyas Iyer was the only players who earned more than 10 crores, as he was bought by Kolkata Knight Riders for 12.25 crores.
- Ishan Kishan was bought by his previous franchise Mumbai India for a whooping amount of 15.25 crores, Mumbai Indians and Punjab Kings were the only two teams who showed their interest in the young Indian wicketkeeper batsman.
- Deepak Chahar was also bought by his previous IPL franchise Chennai Super Kings for 14 crores. His base prize was 2 crores but Chennai Super Kings, Delhi Capitals and SunRisers Hyderabad were the only three teams who showed their interest in the Indian pacer.
- Young Indian fast bowler Prasidh Krishna was picked by Rajasthan Royals for 10 crores. Prasidh Krishna was earlier part of Kolkata Knight Riders and took ten wickets in his first 7 IPL matches.
- Indian all-rounder Shardul Thakur has been sold to Delhi Capitals for 10.75 crore, his base price was 2 crores. Mumbai Indians and Delhi Capitals were fighting for Shardul but Delhi won the fight and bought him for 10.75 crores.
- Harshal Patel has been bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore for a whooping amount of 10.75 crores, his base price was 2 crore. Chennai Super Kings and Royal Challengers Bangalore were fighting for Harshal but Royal Challengers Bangalore won the fight and bought him for 10.75 crores.
- Wanindu Hasaranga was sold to Royal Challengers Bangalore for 10.75 crores, his base price was 1 crore and Royals Challengers Bangalore, Punjab Kings, and SunRiers Hyderabad were fighting for him but RCB won the fight and bought him again in the auction, as last year hasaranga was the part of RCB, but RCB released him before the Mega Auction 2022.
- West Indies wicketkeeper Nicholas Pooran was picked by SunRisers Hyderabad, his base price was 1.5 crores, but SRH bought him for 10.75 crores.
- Lockie Ferguson was picked by Gujarat Titans for a whooping price of 10 crores, his base price was 2 crores.
- Avesh Khan was sold to Lucknow Super Giants for a high price of 10 crores, his base price was 20 Lakhs. Delhi Capitals and Lucknow Super Giants were fighting for the young Indian bowler but at the end Lucknow bought him.