|Born:||Dec 06, 1988|
|Birth Place:||Navagam-Khed, Saurashtra|
|Batting Style:||Left Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style:||Left-arm orthodox|
Ravindra Jadeja is one of the finest all-rounders in the game of Cricket and probably the best fielder the Indian team has seen. Over the years Ravindra Jadeja has grown in his stature. His slow left-arm orthodox bowling has been lethal for the team as well as his ability to tonk the ball in death overs. His ability on the field is second to none and is a worth mentioning every now and then.
He was a key member of the Indian team that won the 2015 ICC Champions Trophy in England. He finished as the highest wicket-taker of the tournament. He has won the Indian Premier League with Rajasthan Royals as well as with Chennai Super Kings. Jadeja has also won the U19 cricket world in 2008 under Kohli’s captaincy.
Ravindra Jadeja Early Life
Ravindra Jadeja was born on 6th December 1988 to Anirudhsinh and Lata Jadeja. Jadeja’s father was a watchman for a private security agency, as a result, his family did not have a strong background. His father wanted him to be a part of the Indian army and become an officer but he believed otherwise. He was interested in cricket from the start and made a name for himself by the time he was 19.
Jadeja’s first under 19 appearances for team India came in 2005 when he was just 16 years old. Due to his performances, he made it into the under 19 Cricket World Cup squad for 2006 that was held in Sri Lanka. He is amongst those few players who have played two under 19 World Cups for India. In the 2008 edition of the under 19 Cricket World Cup, he was the vice-captain of the team which was led by Virat Kohli to glory.
At the mere age of 16, he had already made his first-class debut for Saurashtra in the Ranji trophy. He was part of the Indian domestic circuit since a very young age and in 2008 he became the first Indian player and eighth overall to score three first-class triple centuries in his career.
Ravindra Jadeja Cricket & Stats
- He made his Test debut on 13-17 December 2012 against England at Nagpur.
- His One-Day-International debut on 8 February 2009 against Sri Lanka in Colombo.
- He made his T20 International debut on 10 February 2009 against Sri Lanka in Colombo.
- He has played 49 test matches for India scoring 1869 runs with a high score of 100 not out. He averages 35.26 in test matches. He has one century and 14 half-centuries in test cricket. When it comes to bowling in test matches he has picked up 230 wickets with his best performance in an innings being 7 wickets for 48 runs and his best performance in a match being 10 wickets for 154 runs. He averages 24.62 and has an economy of 2.43 with the ball in his hand. Jadeja has eight four-wicket hauls and 9 five-wicket hauls in an innings and 1 ten-wicket haul in a match.
- When it comes to one-day international cricket he has played 165 matches and has scored 2296 runs with a high score of 87. He has an average of 31.88 and has 12 half-centuries to his name. With the ball in his hand, he has 187 wickets with his best spell being 5 wickets for 36 runs. He has an average of 36.57 and an economy of 4.89 in one-day international cricket. He has 7 four-wicket hauls and 1 five-wicket haul.
- In T20 cricket he has played 49 matches for India National Cricket Team scoring 173 runs with a high score of 25. He averages just 12.35 in T20 cricket. He has picked up 39 wickets with his best performance being three wickets for 48 runs. with the ball in his hand, he averages of 29.5 3 and has an economy of 7.10 in T20 cricket.
Ravindra Jadeja Achievements
- Jadeja the only Indian player to score three first-class triple centuries.
- Jadeja made into the ICC world ODI 11 in 2013 and 16.
- He won the under 19 World Cup in the year 2008.
- He had most wickets in Ranji trophy 2018-19 season.
- He was second in the ICC top 10 test allrounder in the year 2018.
- He was ranked as the number one bowler in ODI Cricket by the ICC in August 2013.
- He is the third Indian cricketer to score 2000 runs and take 150 wickets in ODIs.
- Ravindra Jadeja has also won the Arjuna award for cricket in 2019.
Ravindra Jadeja Bio Data
- Full Name: Ravindrasinh Anirudhsinh Jadeja
- Nickname(s): Jaddu, RJ, Sir Ravindra Jadeja
- Names Earned: Rockstar, Sir Ravindra Jadeja
- Profession: Cricketer
- Height: 5’ 7”
- Weight: 60 kg
- Eye Colour: Black
- Hair Colour: Black
- Tattoos: A dragon tattoo on his back & a tattoo on his left biceps
- Coach/Mentor: Debu Mitra (Saurashtra coach) Mahendra Singh Chauhan
- Jersey Number: #8- India #12- Chennai Super Kings (CSK)
- Domestic/State Team(s): • Chennai Super Kings • Gujarat Lions • Kochi Tuskers Kerala • Rajasthan Royals • Saurashtra • West Zone
- Date of Birth: 6 December 1988
- Age: 31 Years
- Birthplace: NavagamGhed, Gujarat, India
- Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
- Nationality: Indian
- Hometown: Jamnagar, Gujarat, India
- Father: Anirudhsinh Jadeja (watchman)
- Mother: Late Lata Jadeja (Nurse)
- Sisters: Naina (eldest), Naynaba Jadeja
- Religion: Hinduism
- Hobbies: Horse Riding, Driving fast cars
- Likes: Riding bikes, driving Cars, Resting at his farmhouse, Horse riding
- Favorite Cricketer: Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- Favorite Colour(s): Black, Blue
- Favorite Travel Destination: London
- Marital Status: Married
- Marriage Date: 17 April 2016
- Wife/Spouse: Reeva Solanki (aka Rivaba Solanki)
- Daughter: Nidhyana (born in 2017)
Social Media Profiles:
- Ravindra Jadeja Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/ImRavindraJadeja/
- Ravindra Jadeja Twitter Profile: https://twitter.com/imjadeja?lang=en
- Ravindra Jadeja Instagram Profile: https://www.instagram.com/royalnavghan/