- India’s PC and mobile game markets are projected to generate player spending of US$704.5 million in 2022 with 396.4 million gamers, growing to reach US$1.4 billion in 2026 with 630 million gamers
- This excludes revenue from Real Money Gaming, which is currently an important yet separate part of India’s games market
- India is the fastest growing market in Asia-10 for both revenue and gamers and it is also the second largest games market in the world by gamers, behind China
- India is a mobile-first market with 98.8% of gamers playing on the platform, accounting for 85% of total market revenue. Data costs in India are the lowest in the world and 5G has started rolling out this year.
- Indian gamers spend an average of 14.1 hours per week on mobile games and India has the highest proportion of mobile gamers across the Asia-10 region that play over 5 hours per week
- The propensity to pay has increased with a higher number of spenders and higher spending per paying user. 34% of gamers in India spent money on games in 2022
- 2023 will have a lower growth rate than 2022 because this will include the first full-year impact of BGMI’s ban. The growth rate could be revised down if additional mobile games are banned in 2023
- India, Thailand, and the Philippines are the fastest-growing markets for games revenue and the number of gamers
- India is the second largest gamer base in the world, with 396.4 million gamers, making up 50.2% of all gamers in Asia-10. India is also the fastest growing market with a 5-year growth rate of 21% for revenue
Mr Animesh Agarwal, Founder, and CEO of 8Bit Creatives, India’s leading esports consulting and talent management agency. He is also the founder of S8UL, a hub of gaming content and esports. S8UL is the parent org of team sOul, the reigning champions of BGMI in India. Animesh dons several hats as an entrepreneur, an ex-pro gamer, a monster energy esports athlete, a gaming & luxury lifestyle content creator and a pioneer in the Indian Gaming Industry. He has a deep understanding of the industry and is dedicated to shaping the esports and gaming industry in India. He has partnered with other industry front runners like Nodwin Gaming & LOCO to make substantial strides in advancing gaming & esports in India.
His Company, 8Bit Creatives is equally making remarkable milestones in the business of content creation and brand collaborations around gaming and esports. With some of India’s top gaming talents in their line-up and backed with experience and exposure of collaborating and curating campaigns with 100+ top-notch brands like Netflix, Coca-cola, Reliance Digital, Mx Players, OnePlus, Realme Narzo, Flipkart, Airtel, and many others; 8Bit Creatives boasts of managing popular and renowned gaming content creators and influencers- Mortal, Scout, Mavi, Snax, Thug, Payal, Kaashvi, 8bit Goldy, 8bit Sid to name a few.
Revenant Esports is an esports organization built from the ground up. From humble beginnings to exponential growth, the objective of Revenant Esports has been to be the leading esports company in India. Revenant Esports was founded in 2020 and it has an active roster in 6 esports titles like BGMI, Call of Duty: Mobile, Free Fire, Clash of Clans, Valorant and Pokemon Unite. The company is founded by Rohit Naresh Jagasia and the company received their last funding of $1 million in May 2021 from Adman-turned-investor Sajan Raj Kurup.