The undisputed warrior in football pitch and a great human being Lionel Messi is one of the players who has faced lots of hurdles and disappointments to reach the top level. Five-time winner of Ballon d’Or awards and European golden shoes is a most dominant footballer along with Cristiono Ronaldo. The true legend and greatest ambassador for sports lionel messi have the huge fan following all across the globe. Here are the things you know about Lionel Messi.
Lionel Messi Early life
The superstar was born on 24 June 1987 in Rosario to Jorge Messi and Celia. He has Italian ancestry and his maternal grandmother was the major reason for his interest in football. Coached by his father at early stages his family moved to Spain for his career growth. Due to ethnicity issues, he could not get enough opportunities at the beginning and later at the age of 10 he was also suffered from growth hormone disease which was the career-threatening one.
He was the huge fan of Brazilian legend Ronaldo and once in the interview, he proclaimed that he is the best forward of all time in the history of football. He finally got recovered from growth hormone disease at the age of 14. Messi was the key member of Barcelona youth side and he made the successful transition into the senior side and made his debut at the age of 19 during the 2006-2007 campaign. Since then he was the regular member and leading contributor for Barcelona’s success these days.
Life at Barcelona
He is currently the captain of Barcelona side and made his most of his career with the club. He won many accolades for the team. Messi holds the record of most individual goals in the history of the team. Likewise, he is the highest individual goal scorer in LaLiga with 390 goals. At the age 19 he was debuted to the Barcelona senior club slowly he established himself as the most prolific forward. While the club facing the steady decline during 2007-2008 Messi established himself a star campaigner by scoring most number of goals and highly contributed to the team’s success.
After the departure of Ronaldinho, Messi was given number 10 t-shirt and signed a new contract with the club for the whopping sum of 7.8 million Euros and becomes the highest paid player for the club. He is now paid with $59.6 million and he is one of the most marketable athletes in the world. His annual earnings are expected $835 million and his major revenue comes from endorsements and advertisements.
He established himself as the best player in the world with Barcelona where he had surpassed so many records and set new records that are going to last for so many years.
Lionel Messi Diet
Like other sportspersons, Messi is also following the strict diet plan that contains high proteins and low carbs. He is the regular consumer of vegetable soup that contains turmeric, ginger, and garlic. This helps to reduce the blood thickness and helps in improving the blood flow throughout the body. He also has the habit of consuming protein shakes thrice a day which helps to attain the maximum protein requirement. Messi is also a good consumer of water where he consumes around 3 to 4 liters per day. It will avoid the desiccation and helps to stay active throughout rigorous training sessions.
He likes to have fish, chicken, and prawns during match days along with fruits and vegetables. These foods help in strengthening muscles and repair the body tissues. He is also a good consumer of egg whites which is the perfect balance for carbohydrates and proteins. Apart from this, he is also having a separate plan during normal days.
Workout routine of Lionel Messi
He is the one who is more font of fitness and hits the gym regularly. He trains 2-4 hours regularly during non-match days and hits the gym for 1-2 hours during match days. He does all kinds of workouts that strengthen his muscles.
Interesting Facts about Lionel Messi
- Messi was born at Rosario where the revolutionary leader Che Guevara was born.
- His first international appearance for his country lasted only 47 seconds as he received the red card
- Once the Spanish football team offered the chance to play in their team but Messi strongly rejected the offer.
- He is one of the goodwill ambassadors for UNICEF. He also works for the welfare of the people who are suffering from fragile X Syndrome.
- Whenever he scores the goal he simply raises his arms in the air for gratitude to his grandmother who is influential for Messi to take up the sport.
- He is also the captain of Argentinian national football team and also the highest goal scorer for the country.
- Messi was the first Argentine to be named as FIFA world player of the year.
Awards and Achievements
- Messi was the key member of Argentina football team that won Olympics gold medal in 2008
- He is the only player in the history to score 40+ goals in consecutive sessions.
- He also holds the record of most number of appearance in FIFA world level along with Christiano Ronaldo. The duo has appeared 11 times till now.
- He also shares the record of the scoring higher number of goals in club world cup along with Christiano Ronaldo and both have scored 4 goals each.
- Messi scored 33 goals in 21 consecutive matches which is a record done by no other player in the world.
Undoubtedly true legend Messi emerged to this position due to hard work and passion for the game. sure he continues his rich vein of form in upcoming years and continues to rule the world of football.
- Lionel Messi- The pied piper of Football
- All You need to Know about Lionel Messi’s Net Worth, lifestyle & Annual Income
- Who is the real G.O.A.T: Messi or Ronaldo ?