Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli are the two pillars of the Indian cricket team and every time Men In Blue steps onto the field these two are expected to deliver with the willow and on numerous occasions, these two have rescued the Indian cricket team with their individual performance.
These two ace batsmen have amassed loads of runs with the bat but every batsman has a knack for playing his favorite shots in every match and these two love for Pull Shot and Cover drive never fails to mesmerize us.
Let’s decode two favorite shots of Rohit Sharma’s “Pull Shot” and Virat Kohli’s “Cover Drive” technicalities in detail.
- Rohit Sharma is among very few batsmen in modern cricket who plays Pull Shot on the front foot in comparison to legendary players in the past who used to play pull shot on the back foot.
- Rohit Sharma’s ability to play pull shots looks so effortless because he picks the ball quite early before it is not even released from the bowler’s hand.
- The moment ball is released from his hand, Sharma is quick on his feet with perfect hand-eye coordination.
- Since he is quick on his feet after the ball is released he has ample time to play his favorite pull shot.
- His feet, eye, and body are coordinated in such a way that he easily steered six via pull shot over the fences.
- Virat Kohli’s knack of hitting cover drive is so eyed pleasing and a treat to watch as fans and no other contemporary batsman plays the same shot with such ease.
- The reason why is able to hit a cover drive so effortlessly involves several technicalities and it starts with the Back and Forth Movement across the stumps with this he quickly adjusts his shape based on the length of the ball.
- He plants his front foot as quickly as possible and then he plays the ball beneath his eyes
- Once the ball is hit from his willow he stops his follow-through to maintain the balance on the ball
- As the shot is left from the willow it looks eye-pleasing and it becomes treat for all fans.