GUY vs BAR Dream11 Prediction
Guyana Amazon Warriors will square off against each other for the first time in CPL 2020 in what will be Game 22 of the season. Defending Champions Barbados find themselves in a must-win situation, while Guyana Amazon Warriors would look to register another win and consolidate their position.
Guyana Amazon Warriors have now won 3 of their 7 matches so far, thanks to the brilliance of Nicholas Pooran, who was in prime form against the St. Kitts & Nevis Patriots, where he scored the season’s maiden 100 and guided his side to a win. Warriors were on a three-match losing streak, but have finally managed to add their 3rd win, and would be looking to make the most of the momentum. Their batting hasn’t fared well overall, apart from a couple of good knocks by Shimron Hetmyer and Nicholas Pooran, while Ross Taylor and Brandon King have failed to convert their starts. Their bowling is heavily reliant on Imran Tahir, who has 11 wickets to his name with the likes of Chris Green and Keemo Paul providing some support with 7 wickets a piece.
On the other hand, Barbados Tridents are undergoing a disastrous run, and failed to even chase 93 in their last game, despite ending with 3 wicket in hands at the end. They were wonderful with the ball, restricting in-form St. Lucia Zouks to 92, but their batting faltered yet again, despite a strong start, and were handed another defeat. With just 2 wins in 5, Barbados Tridents find themselves second from bottom, and need to come out strongly in their remaining games to have a chance of making it to the playoffs. Barbados have lost both of their last 2 games, and need a strong reaction. Johnson Charles and Kyle Mayers have been good with the bat, but have lacked support. Their bowling has been doing well and in what is good news for the Tridents, Hayden Walsh Jr. seems to be getting his mojo back. Rashid Khan and Jason Holder add much needed experience and sting to the bowling lineup.
GUY vs BAR Ground and Pitch Report:
The pitch at the Brian Lara Stadium gradually slowed down, offering more for the bowlers, but a gap of a few days might see a refreshed track and some runs on offer. While chasing was the order of the day at the start of the tournament, the later parts of the tournament at the venue saw teams batting first, come out triumphant. But with a new pitch in play, given the rest it would have got, expect teams to prefer chasing the target.
Venue Record (CPL 2020)
Won by team Batting First: 5
Won by team Batting Second: 5
GUY vs BAR Weather Report:
The weather will be cloudy throughout the day with chances of shower coming back in the evening to about 60%. There is a high likelihood of the game being affected by rain.
GUY vs BAR Match Details:
Venue: Brian Lara Cricket Academy, Tarouba, Trinidad
Date: 2nd September 2020
Time: 3:00 AM (IST)
GUY vs BAR Live Streaming & Live Score:
The CPL 2020 cricket match between Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Barbados Tridents will be telecasted on the Star Sports Network. GUY vs BAR live stream will be available on the Fancode app while GUY vs SKN Live Score will also be available on Fancode.
GUY vs BAR Team Squads:
Guyana Amazon Warriors: Imran Tahir, Nicholas Pooran, Brandon King, Ross Taylor, Shimron Hetmyer, Chris Green, Kissoondath Magram, Keemo Paul, Sherfane Rutherford, Romario Shepherd, Naveen Ul Haq, Chandrapaul Hemraj, Kevin Sinclair, Ashmeade Nedd, Odean Smith, Anthony Bramble, Jasdeep Singh
Barbados Tridents: Jason Holder, Rashid Khan, Corey Anderson, Shamarh Brooks, Mitchell Santner, Johnson Charles, Shai Hope, Hayden Walsh Jr, Ashley Nurse, Jonathan Carter, Raymon Reifer, Kyle Mayers, Joshua Bishop, Nyeem Young, Justin Greaves, Keon Harding, Shayan Jahangir
GUY vs BAR Team Predictions: Predicted Playing XI
Guyana Amazon Warriors: Brandon King, Chandrapaul Hemraj, Kevin Sinclair, Shimron Hetmyer, Ross Taylor, Nicholas Pooran, Romario Shepherd, Chris Green (C), Keemo Paul, Imran Tahir, and Naveen-ul-Haq
Barbados Tridents: Jason Holder (C), Rashid Khan, Corey Anderson, Mitchell Santner, Johnson Charles, Shai Hope, Hayden Walsh Jr, Ashley Nurse, Nyeem Young, Raymon Reifer, Kyle Mayers
GUY vs BAR Key Players:
Guyana Amazon Warriors
– Shimron Hetmyer: The left-handed batsman had a brilliant start to the season, but seems to have bogged down lately. But expect him to come back strong on the fresh track at the Brian Lara Stadium. With 170 runs in 7 innings, Hetmyer averages about 30. Without a doubt, he should make way into your GUY vs BAR Dream11 team.
– Nicholas Pooran: The hero of the last game and the only centurion this season, Pooran has been the spark in this Guyana side. Pooran is now the second top run-getter in the season and an obvious pick for the GUY vs BAR Dream11 team.
– Imran Tahir: The side’s top wicket taker, Tahir has 11 wickets to his name, which also puts him at second spot in the league tally. Tahir has troubled every batsman he has gone up against, and is a must-have for the GUY vs SKN Dream11 team.
– Rashid Khan: Rashid Khan is a quality bowler and has done fairly well this season for the Tridents with 9 wickets for the team. He has been a bit unlucky with few of the decisions, but his big day seems near, and who knows, could be against the Warriors. He also enjoys a healthy strike rate batting down the order, and adding some crucial runs. He should be included in the GUY vs BAR Dream11 fantasy team.
– Kyle Mayers: The youngster has been a sensation in this tournament as has done well on wickets where even top batsmen have struggled. Mayers had a rare failure in the last game, but still finds himself 3rd in the list of top scorers with 205 runs in his kitty. Expect another good knock from him, and a budget pick for the GUY vs BAR Dream11 Team.
– Jason Holder: Captain has delivered on all fronts this season and has been their player of the season so far. Jason Holder has 7 wickets in the season, and has looked really good with the ball in the last couple of games. He has even contributed with the bat and has 120 runs to his name. He is not just an important selection, but also a C/VC option for the GUY vs BAR Dream11 Team.
GUY vs BAR Head to Head:
Guyana Amazon Warriors: 10
Barbados Tridents: 5
GUY vs BAR Head to Head Stats:
– Most Runs: Brandon King (227) | Nicholas Pooran (211)
– Highest Score: Brandon King (132*) | Shai Hope (88)
– Most Wickets: Raymon Reifer (14) | Romario Shepherd (9)
– Best Bowling: Raymon Reifer (5/20) | Romario Shepherd (4/13) | Chris Green (4/14)
GUY vs BAR Match Prediction:
This contest makes for an exciting watch and may go down to the wire, however, Guyana Amazon Warriors look like the more likely team to win this encounter. They also have form and the head to head record going their way. 4 out of the last 3 games between the 2 sides has been won by the team batting first, and the one that the chasing team won was a rain curtailed game. Expect a good score in this one.
GUY vs BAR Dream11 Team:
GUY vs BAR Captaincy and Vice-Captaincy Options:
Captaincy: Imran Tahir, Nicholas Pooran, Jason Holder
Vice-Captaincy: Rashid Khan, Kyle Mayers, Johnson Charles
GUY vs BAR Differential Picks:
Shai Hope, Mitchell Santner, Kevin Sinclair, Raymon Reifer, Hayden Walsh Jr.
Follow Telegram Channel for Latest Updates: For more updates and the final Dream11 team, join our Telegram channel (https://bit.ly/2FLE2zi). We provide instant updates after the toss and final playing XI for you to win big cash prizes.
Disclaimer: The team is based on our research and projects certain facts and our analysis, and in no way guarantees you winning in Dream11 or any other fantasy platform. This is just a base for you to pick your team. Kindly think about what is best for you and make wise decisions.