Crystal Palace will try to continue their fiery form, when they meet Brighton on Saturday at Selhurst Park. The eagles are going through a purple patch winning 3 of the last 4 matches played in the EPL. They have lost only 1 match across all the competitions and will go full throttle against Brighton in South London.
Match Facts | Crystal Palace vs. Brighton Match Prediction
Head to Head
- Both the teams have gone loggerheads on 9 occasions, Crystal Palace managed to win 6, whereas Brighton had to settle with a 1 win.
- However, if Brighton managed to win this match, the team will complete the league double over Crystal Palace since 1983-84, when Brighton defeated Palace in the second tier.
- Crystal Palace has won only a single game in the last six league fixtures and overall this is the second worst home record in this division.
- Only 25 goals are scored at Selhurst Park this season, which is the lowest on any Premiere League ground.
- Wilfred Zaha is the key player for Crystal Palace; he is the only player to have scored 5 goals in the last six league games. He also reached the career high against Brighton with 5 goals in the last 9 outings.
- This will be 300th match as a manager for Roy Hodgson in the EPL.
- Brighton win against Huddersfield in the last match ended Brighton winless drought, this was Brighton first win in the last 7 outings
- This will be the first time since last December they are in a position to win back to back league games in the EPL.
- Brighton has won only 1 solitary point in the last 6 away fixtures
- Glenn Murray has been the most consistent against the Crystal Palace; he has scored 47 goals in 125 matches between 2011-2015 and 99 goals in total He needs only 1 goal to become the second player in the history of the EPL to score 100 goals for Brighton following his mentor Tommy Cook.
- Pape Souare can make a comeback for Crystal Palace since the lad dislocated his shoulder during the match between Grimsby in the FA Cup two months ago.
- Mamadou Sakho is the only absentee from Crystal Palace, who will not play the game due to knee operation.
- Brighton Midfielder Pascal Gross will not play the match due to hamstring injury.
- Crystal Palace is a juggernaut to reckon at Selhurst park, they are the favorites to win the match against the Brighton.
- Brighton is placed at the 15th position in the total standings, 2 below Crystal Palace, but will look to carry the winning momentum with him after the win over Huddersfield town last weekend.
Crystal Palace seems to be going through the lean patch and often struggled in long spells throughout the tournament. Despite victory drought the Eagles have consecutively scored in the last 12 appearances and scored 10 goals in the last 4 games. 1-2 goals can be expected by the Eagles
Brighton has scored in the 6 consecutive matches in all competitions and with previous win under their belt, fans can expect at least 2-3 goals by the Brighton.