SHELDON JACKSON BIOGRAPHY
|Sheldon Philip Jackson
|Date of Birth
|September 27, 1986
|175 cm, 5’9 feet
|Late Philip Jackson
35 Years old Sheldon was born on September 27, 1986 in Saurashtra. Sheldon was adopted by his uncle Lester Bell, as his family was going through a financial crisis; he lost his father at a very young age of 11. His childhood life was a period full of hard times but he never gave up, and moved to Mumbai with his uncle at the age of 12.
- He made his first-class debut for his hometown Saurashtra against Railways at Delhi in December 2011.
- He scored 52 runs in his debut match including 6 fours and 1 six during the entire match.
- In 2012-13 Ranji Trophy season he made four half-centuries and three centuries, including back-to-back centuries in quarter-final and semi-final against Karnataka and Punjab.
- In 2016-17 Vijay Hazare Trophy, Jackson became the second Indian batsman to be given out in a List-A match by obstructing the field.
- In his first-class career Sheldon has scpred 5,634 runs in 76 matches at an average 49.42.
- In List-A career he has 1869 runs in 55 matches at an average of 36.64.
- He made his debut for India-A team in October 2013 in a series at home against West Indies A.
- He was the part of Royal Challengers Bangalore in 2013 and 2014.
- He was the part of Kolkata Knight Riders in 2009-10, 2015-17., 2021.
- He made his IPL debut in 2017 and scored 38 runs in 4 matches with a highest score of 16.
- Sheldon was adopted by his uncle Lester Bell at the age of 4.
- His first IPL team was RCB, as he was bought by RCB in 2013.
- He left his work to play first-division league.