The Pakistan Cricket Board(PCB) is discussing its plans to host its remaining semi-finals and the final matches of the fifth edition of the Pakistan Premier League in November if there is considerable improvement in this unforeseen situation caused by the novel coronavirus eruption or before the sixth edition of PSL next year.
PCB, which was initially reckoning on the idea of cutting down its schedule by four days eyeing the deteriorating COVID-19 circumstances, had to deflect from the plan after an overseas player was suspected of displaying symptoms of the viral infection on 17th March before the semi-final between Multan Sultans and Peshawar Zalmi, which also led to the suspension of the mat scheduled to be played on 18th March.
This decision comes after an overseas player was potentially suspected (contracted COVID-19). However, the identity of the player hasn’t been surfaced. The player has already left Pakistan.
The PCB CEO, Wasim Khan on Monday confirmed that the remaining matches would be conducted during the 10-day window available in November.
On March 13, the organizers had decided to adjust the schedule, following the early departure of the foreign players and also the increased risk in Pakistan. A few games were also played behind the closed doors but since then more players have left Pakistan.
Wasim Khan praised the PSL organizers for their arrangements as he said:
“All our guest cricketers and officials went back completely satisfied and this will definitely increase their trust on the PCB and they will come back next year with more confidence,”
Wasim Khan also cited that PCB had succeeded in conducting the PSL season in a professional way, which was well appreciated by all the stake-holders. He also assured them of dealing with all the shortcomings very professionally and improve the next season.
“All our guest cricketers and officials went back completely satisfied and this will definitely increase their trust on the PCB and they will come back next year with more confidence,” said Wasim.