Lalit Yadav Introduction
What is the first word that comes to your mind when you hear ‘Najafgarh’? Virender Sehwag is the obvious answer. The ‘Nawab of Najafgarh’ is one of the finest batsman the country has ever produced. And what is the first word that comes to your mind when you hear ‘six sixes in an over’? Obviously, the most common answer is going to be Yuvraj Singh’s exploits against Stuart Broad.
But what’s relatively unknown to many, is that ‘Najafgarh’ and ‘six sixes in an over’ has a connection. Lalit Yadav, a young all-rounder from Sehwag’s home town, has done was Yuvraj Singh has done against Broad. If anything, he has surpassed Singh, for he has done it twice. Though not many might have heard of him, now that he has been roped in by the Delhi Capitals, he is willing to become a household name.
Lalit Yadav Batting and Fielding Averages
Lalit Yadav Bowling Averages
Lalit Yadav Early Life
- Lalit Yadav was born on January 3, 1997, at Delhi.
- He hit six sixes in an over in a game at the Najafgarh Sports complex. In that match, Yadav struck 130 runs in just 46 balls. He hit 13 sixes and 9 fours in that knock.
- His second six sixes in an over were during a game at the Arun Jaitley Stadium. This was at the DDCA T20 league at Feroz Shah Kotla.
- Yadav dreams of walking the lines of his Delhi Capitals teammates Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant and Prithvi Shaw, and don the blue shirt.
- Yadav pursued Bachelors in Arts from Delhi’s Shradhanand College. He was initially a wicket-keeper batsman, but later mastered the art of off-spin bowling.
- Growing up, his idol was Pradeep Sangwan.
- AB de Villiers is his favourite international cricketer.
Lalit Yadav Domestic Career
- He made his domestic career debut, playing for Delhi at the 2017–18 Ranji Trophy on 17 November, 2017. It was in a match against Maharashtra at Delhi. He scored a brilliant 52 in that game, and also picked up two crucial wickets.
- He made his T20 debut at the 2017–18 Zonal T20 League on 9 January, 2018. It was in a match against Punjab at Delhi. He scored an unbeaten 10-ball 15 in this match. He also took the important wicket of the experienced opener of Punjab, Manan Vohra.
- He made his T20 debut at the 2017–18 Vijay Hazare Trophy on 15 February, 2018. This time, the opposition was Himachal Pradesh, and the venue was Nadaun. Unlike his previous two debuts, his List A debut was unimpressive. He bowled 10 overs and conceded 49 runs, without any success. He also could manage to accumulate only a couple of runs, before Rishi Dhawan bowled him.
Lalit Yadav Achievements
- He scored a half-century in his very first first-class game.
- He scored three half-centuries in his first four first-class innings.
- He won man of the match award in the Red Bull Campus Cricket 2015. He picked up 3 wickets in that game by conceding just 13 runs.