One of the best professional wrestling events is known as the “Royal Rumble.” It is produced every year, especially in January since 1988 by main professional of wrestling promotion WWE. It is to be named after the Royal Rumble match that is a battle royal whose contributors enter at timed intervals.
After the opening event was broadcast as a television special on USA Network, the Royal Rumble has been shown on pay-per-view and is one of WWE’s “Big Four,” along with WrestleMania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series.
WWE Royal Rumble Event
The Royal Rumble is a pay-per-view abide of the Royal Rumble match, title matches, and so many other matches. On January 24, 1988 the first event of the Royal Rumble took place, and was live broadcast on the USA Network. In this following year, the Royal Rumble event started to be broadcast on pay-per-view and thus became one of WWE’s “big four” pay-per-views, along with WrestleMania, Survivor Series, and SummerSlam.
The men’s Royal Rumble match is mostly located at the top of the card, though there have been exceptions, such as 1988, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2006, 2013, and 2018 events. As the Rumble match taking up a large amount of time , the Rumble event tends to have a smaller card than most other pay-per-view events, which routinely have six to eight matches per card. The 2008 Royal Rumble was the first WWE pay-per-view to be available in high-definition. The 2018 Royal Rumble was the first to include a women’s Royal Rumble match, which was the main event for that year.
WWE Royal Rumble Match
The Royal Rumble is usually based on the classic Battle Royal match, in which some wrestlers (traditionally 30) aim at diminishing their competitors by tossing them over the top rope, with both feet touching the floor. The winner of the event is the last wrestler remaining after all others have been eliminated. According to Hornswoggle, who worked for WWE from 2006 until 2016 and participated in two Rumbles, participants may learn their eliminations by knowing the two wrestlers who are eliminated before them and which wrestlers are entering the Royal Rumble before and after their elimination.
WWE Royal Rumble Interesting Facts
- Hulk Hogan is the most famous man to win the Royal Rumble while also holding the WWE title.
- Half of the participants in the 2004 Royal Rumble were WCW, WWE or World Heavyweight Champions at some point in their careers, the most of any Royal Rumble. Also, another 2 won TNA or ECW World championships.
- Each and Every Royal Rumble has been won by an eventual or former WWE/WCW Champion or Hall of Famer.
- From 2005 to 2010, the last wrestler eliminated from the Royal Rumble went on to also have a world title match at Wrestlemania.
- Before John Cena in 2013, the last time a Royal Rumble winner challenged for the WWE title at Wrestlemania and won was Brock Lesnar in 2003.
- The 2008-2011 streak of Royal Rumble winners failing to win their respective titles at WrestleMania was the longest in history.
- Royal Rumble 2019
- Date: 27 January 2019
- Location: Chase Field, Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The Royal Rumble game is for both men and women, and it is played for both. Royal Rumble game is a very popular game.
The WWE Royal Rumble 2019 will take place on January 27 in Phoenix, Arizona, and judging by last year’s Rumble Pay Per View, and it is as must-see as ever. Let’s see who could win the women’s and men’s Rumbles in 2019 when begins.
The two famous personalities, Shinsuke Nakamura and Asuka won the Royal Rumble last year, with Nakamura’s elimination of Roman Reigns being one of the limelight of a show that also comprised of Ronda Rousey’s WWE debut. WWE Royal Rumble 2019 promises to be just as action-packed, and I wonder how unpredictable it will seem once we approach the date.
As of right now, Roman Reigns is the Universal Champion, AJ Styles is the WWE Champion, Ronda Rousey is the Raw Women’s Champion, and Charlotte Flair is the SmackDown Women’s Champion. Only Rousey is a safe bet to remain the champion until WrestleMania 35, though it is more than plausible for Reigns and Styles to hold their titles at the Show of Shows.
- Top 10 Wealthiest Wrestlers in the World
- Top 10 Strongest Wrestlers in WWE History
- History and the Greatest Rivalries of Summerslam