MS Dhoni’s love affair with the Chennai-based franchise is not a new thing as the ace wicketkeeper-batsman has been captaining the side right from the inception of IPL in 2008 and went on to play more than 200 matches for the yellow army as skipper.
Under the leadership of MS Dhoni, Super Kings have lifted three IPL titles so far, and with the way they are playing in the ongoing edition of IPL it would not be wrong to say that they are looking like one of the favorites to lift this title year.
The question arises of what boxes they are ticking right in the ongoing edition of the cash-rich league which makes them a strong contender for lifting the title this year. Let’s have a look in the form of pointers below
- The Return of Suresh Raina has brought more stability to the squad.
- The ongoing season of IPL is being played in India as compared to the one that was played in UAE last year.
- CSK has made a sharp choice in the IPL 2021 auction after buying Moeen Ali who is batting for them at the number 3 position and taking quick wickets for the side whenever the situation demands.
- The opening combination of Du Plesis- Gaikwad has found their mojo back as they both are in sublime form and they are looking to capitalize on every opportunity that is coming along their way.
- Ravindra Jadeja has improved a lot in his power-hitting in death overs where he is looking confident to dominate bowlers.
CSK under the leadership of Dhoni and coach Stephen Fleming will be looking to revamp the side for years to come as Dhoni can’t play for another 5 years and there is a huge talk in the cricketing circuit to groom Jadeja as the new skipper of the side in the upcoming season of IPL so that new lot of youngsters can play around him.