Wayne Rooney is a professional English footballer who plays forward for English clubs Derby County. He recently moved from the American football club D.C United, which plays in the Major League Soccer (MLS).
Wayne Rooney is a boyhood Everton fan and spent a fair share of his career with the Toffees, before moving to Manchester United, where he was one of the top goal scorers and led the team to numerous laurels.
He has won almost every English, European and Continental honor available in football. Alongside Michael Carrick, he is the only player to win the Premier League, FA Cup, UEFA Champions League, League Cup, UEFA Europa League, and FIFA Club World Cup. He is the second-highest goalscorer in Premier League behind Alan Shearer, with 208 goals, and also, the third-highest assist getter.
Rooney made his senior debut with the English Football Team back in 2003, then becoming the youngest player to play for England (Theo Walcott broke the record later). He is the youngest goal scorer for the English Football Team. Rooney is England’s top goal scorer and the 2nd most capped player for the National side. In what is a dubious record, Rooney holds the record for being the most red-carded English player.
Wayne Rooney was born on 24th October 1985, in Croxteth, Liverpool to Jeanette Marie and Thomas Wayne. Being of Irish descent, he was raised as Roman Catholic. Rooney had two brothers- Y.B Graham and Johnn, and the three brothers studied at Our Lady and St Swithin’s primary school and De La Salle School.
He admired sports since childhood and was a great fan of Everton. He also admired Brazilian star footballer Ronaldo and wanted to be like him.
Rooney, besides playing football also likes to play rugby and practice boxing. He married his secondary school girlfriend Caleen Rooney after six years of dating, on June 12, 2008. Rooney admitted that he solicited prostitutes before marrying Caleen. He also dated Gina McCarrick and Jenny Thompson. The couple has four sons, three of which have their names starting with the letter K- Kai Wayne, born on 2nd Nov 2009; Klay Anthony born on 21st May 2013; Kit Joseph born on 24th Jan 2016. The fourth child was born on 15th Feb 2018 and was named Cass Mac Rooney.
In 2006, he launched his biography “Rooney: My Story so far” written by Hunter Davis, a well-known Journalist of all time.
After spending over 6 years with the Everton youth team, Rooney made his senior team debut at the age of 16. Playing for Everton, Rooney made his debut on 17th August in a 2–2 home draw against Tottenham Hotspur, being a part of the starting 11, and even assisting the first goal, scored by Mark Pembridge. Not much later, he became the youngest goalscorer for Everton in the Premier League history. In 2004, he signed for Manchester United, at a time he was at the peak of his career. He was titled as the Young Player of the Year in his first two seasons while playing for Manchester United. In 2017, he completed his 250th goal for United, surpassing Sir Bobby Charlton. In the same year, in the month of August, he retired from the national team with a total of 53 goals in 199 international appearances.
He debuted for the senior English National Team in 2003, coming through the youth teams, also becoming the youngest player to play for the senior team then.
- Premier League: 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11, 2012–13
- FA Cup: 2015–16
- Football League/EFL Cup: 2005–06, 2009–10, 2016–17
- FA Community Shield: 2007, 2010, 2011,2016
- UEFA Champions League: 2007–08
- UEFA Europa League: 2016–17
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2008
- UEFA European Under-17 Championship Golden Player: 2002
- PFA Players’ Player of the Year: 2009–10
- PFA Young Player of the Year: 2004–05, 2005–06
- PFA Fans’ Player of the Year: 2005–06, 2009–10
- PFA Team of the Year: 2005–06 Premier League, 2009–10 Premier League, 2011–12 Premier League
- FWA Footballer of the Year: 2009–10
- Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year: 2005–06, 2009–10
- Manchester UnitedPlayers’ Player of the Year: 2009–10
- BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year: 2002
- Bravo Award: 2003
- Golden Boy Award: 2004
- UEFA European Championship Team of the Tournament: 2004
- FIFPro Young Player of the Year: 2004–05
- Premier League Player of the Season: 2009–10
- Premier League Player of the Month: February 2005, December 2005, March 2006, October 2007, January 2010
- England Senior Men’s Player of the Year: 2008, 2009, 2014, 2015
- FIFA Club World Cup Most Valuable Player of the Final: 2008
- FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball: 2008
- FIFA FIFPro World XI: 2011
- FIFA FIFPro World XI 4th team: 2013
- FIFA FIFPro World XI 5th team: 2014, 2015
- Premier League 20 Seasons Awards(1992–93 to 2011–12): Best Goal (vs. Manchester City, 12 February 2011)
- Alan Hardaker Trophy: 2006
- Premier League Goal of the Month: November 2017
- FWA Tribute Award: 2017
- MLS Player of the Month: October 2018
- MLS Best XI: 2018
- C. United MVP: 2018
- C. United Golden Boot Winner: 2018
- MLS All-Star: 2019
Wayne Rooney Personal Details
Name: Wayne Mark Rooney
Nick Name: The Cannon
Birth: 24th October 1985
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Playing Position: Forward and midfielder
Education: Our Lady and St Swithin’s Primary School and De La Salle School
Relationships: Coleen Rooney (wife)
Height: 5ft 9in
Weight: 83 kg
Hair Color: Blonde (Natural)
Eye Color: Blue
Clothes Size: 8-M (US) or 12 (UK)
Shoe Size: 10 (US) or 9 (UK) or 43 (EU)
Wayne Rooney Net worth
Wayne Rooney’s Net Worth is estimated to be 30 Million dollars.
Wayne Rooney Controversy
On 16 December 2018, Rooney was arrested at Washington Dulles International Airport in Loudoun County, Virginia, charged with public intoxication and use of profanity in public. He was fined $25 and had to pay $91 in costs before being released without bail on a personal recognizance bond.
Social Media Profiles