The FIFA World cup 2022 is inching closer as the mega event of Football starts in 6 days. While some players from different nations are set to play their final World cup this year, many players will also make their first ever appearance at the grandest stage of them all.
During the last edition held at Russia, Kylian Mbappe made his debut for France and won the World cup in his very first attempt.
In this feature, Sportzcraazy will discuss about the Top 5 players that are most likely to make their debut in Qatar.
1. Phil Foden – Manchester City forward and one of the brightest prospects in world football at the moment – Phil Foden is all set to be at the World cup. He broke into the scene in 2016-17 to be precise through Manchester City’s youth academy and he has already become an influential player for Manchester City. In the last 3 seasons, the 22-year-old has become one of the key players for Guardiola and has become a guaranteed starter. He has earned 18 caps for England until now scoring 2 goals on the way and he was also part of England’s squad during last year’s UEFA Euros. This season he has performed very well for Manchester City as he has made 14 top-flight appearances scoring 7 goals and provided 3 assists.
2. Vinicius Jr. – The Brazilian forward is already a UEFA Chmapions League winner and he is known for his sheer pace and nifty skills with the balls. The Real Madrid winger will be making his debut in the FIFA World cup alongside Manchester United’s Antony. Since making his debut in 2018, Vinicius has played 131 times for the Los Blancos with 30 goals and 25 assists under his belt.
3. Jamal Musiala – The German national team has a huge treasure in Jamal Musiala, reminds of Thomas Muller from the 2010 World Cup. Muller has coached him in both club and national team combinations, and his development has been phenomenal. The German forward has had a scorching start to the season, scoring four goals in six Bundesliga outings. He is set to be Germany’s premier offensive weapon at the mega-event. The 19-year-old could prove to be a key figure for Germany as manager Hansi Flick has already managed him during his stint with Bayern. He already has 3 Bundesliga titles and 1 UEFA Champions League trophy. This season the bright youngster has made 14 appearances in the German top-flight racking up 9 goals and provided 7 assists.
4. Julian Alvarez – The Argentine has quick feet, great game awareness and punishes the opposition whenever he gets a chance. He blew up into the scene while playing for Argentinian club River Plate. He caught the attention of English giants Manchester City last season thanks to his emphatic numbers for his former club. Not only is he a great goal scorer but he also has an amazing sense of setting up goals for others in the team. In 122 appearances for River Plate, Alvarez found the back of the net 54 times and provided 31 assists. This season while playing for Manchester City, the 22-year-old has scored 3 goals in the English Premier League.
5. Jude Bellingham – The future of Jude Bellingham is the hottest question in football right now. With his big-game mindset and quality at such a young age, the Dortmund star has earned a high reputation. After making his England national team debut in 2020, he has been a regular starter for the country and has made an outstanding impression. With his sorcery in the heart of England’s midfield, the Englishman is set to be one of the World Cup’s most anticipated debutants. This season, Bellingham has made 15 Bundesliga appearances with 3 goals and 2 assists under his name.