The countdown for the 2022 ICC T20 World Cup in Australia has begun. The mega event of the shortest format of cricket starts from October 16th with the final scheduled to take place on November 13th. This will be the 8th edition of ICC T20 world cup and 6 different teams have gone on to win the major tournament.
In this article, Sportzcraazy will disclose the Top 10 Batsmen who have hit the most number of sixes during T20 world cups from 2007-2021.
- Chris Gayle – The Universe boss had to be included in this list for the repertoire he has built for himself. The fearsome opener has won the ICC T20 world cup twice and he was one of the key players behind West Indies’ success. Gayle has played 33 T20 world cup matches in which he has scored 965 runs by maintaining a strike rate of 142.75. The 6’3 batter has hit 63 sixes and is far ahead of the second placed batsman.
- Yuvraj Singh – The former Indian Batsman was a match winner during his playing days. The Left-handed batter is the only player to hit 6 sixes in an over and helped India lift the first ever ICC T20 world cup in 2007. He finds himself second in this list with 33 sixes to his name by playing 31 T20 world cup matches and scoring 593 runs on the way.
- Rohit Sharma – Indian skipper Rohit Sharma has a great opportunity to topple Yuvraj singh and acquire the second position in this list. Recently he overtook Martin Guptill to become the player with most number of sixes in T20Is with 175 sixes under his belt. In 33 innings he has scored 31 sixes with a strike rate of 131.52 and scored 847 runs.
- David Warner – The pocket dynamite is regarded as one of the most dangerous batsman in world cricket at the moment. He will be looking help Australia bag their second T20 world cup in a row and also go higher in this list. Warner is level with Rohit Sharma as he has hit 31 sixes by playing 30 matches with a strike rate of 135.1 for the Kangaroos.
- Shane Watson – The former Australian world cup winner and all-rounder is the 5th in this list. In 24 T20 world cup matches he has maintained a decent strike rate of 140.94 and just like Rohit and Warner he has also hit 31 sixes.
- AB De Villiers – Also known as Mr. 360 degree for his ability to play uncanny cricketing shots at any part of the field. Despite smashing the bowlers for humungous sixes, De Villiers could not help South Africa to win the ICC T20 World Cup. However, he finds himself 6th in this list by clearing the fence 30 times in 30 innings with a strike rate of 143.4.
- Jos Buttler – New England captain Jos Buttler will be leading his side for the first time in a major ICC tournament. He will be hoping to overtake AB De Villiers as he is just 5 sixes away from acquiring the 6th Buttler has hit 26 sixes in 21 innings for the three lions with a strike rate of 144.58.
- DJ Bravo – The all-rounder has entertained and won the hearts of many both inside and outside of the cricket field. Bravo is the second West Indies player to be present in this list. He has won 2 ICC T20 world cups and struck 25 sixes in 34 innings.
- Mahela Jayawardene – The former Sri Lankan batsman’s inclusion in this list might raise some eyebrows but his ability with the Bat in T20s are less talked about. The reliable batsman helped the Lankans win the ICC T20 world cup in 2014 and engraved his name into the history books. He has also scored the most number of runs in the history of ICC T20 world cup with 1016 runs to his name. In 31 innings he has hit 25 sixes.
- JP Duminy – The former South African Batsman concludes this list of batters with most sixes in the history of ICC T20 world cups. The short left-handed batsman was known for his explosiveness and ability to clear the fences with ease. He is the second Proteas’ to be present in this list. Duminy has played in 25 T20 world cup matches and has been able to hit 23 sixes with a strike rate of 129.68.