In a few week’s time, the ICC Men’s T20 World cup is set to begin in Australia. This will be the 8th edition of the T20 world cup which is scheduled to begin from October 16th and concluding on 13th November. As the mega event is coming closer, Sportzcraazy brings you the list of the Most Dangerous Batsmen to look out for.
- Suryakumar Yadav – One of the cleanest hitters in the white ball format – Suryakumar Yadav has put up some extraordinary performances lately. His fearless approach on the pitch has been beneficial for team India and Mumbai Indians in the IPL. He is one of the most dangerous batsmen in the T20 format, having a strike rate of 173.29 in just 26 Innings with a century to his name as well. Suryakumar yadav has scored 811 runs since making his debut in 2021 and has the strength and ability to hit huge sixes and clear the long boundaries of Australia.
- Hardik Pandya – In the last few years, Hardik Pandya has been one of the most dangerous hard hitters of world cricket. On his day he can single handedly finish matches. His potential is immense and he can prove to be the X-factor for team India in the world cup. Pandya comes with a lot of experience under his belt and he is also familiar with the Australian conditions. In 120 appearances he has scored 1793 runs with a strike rate of 133.50 in the T20 format.
- Aaron Finch – The Australian Captain is arguably one of the most threatening openers in the history of Australian cricket. With a strike rate of 145.2, Finch is capable of giving the Aussies a flying start to their innings alongside David Warner. He led the Australian team that won the ICC T20 world cup last year and he will look forward to win it once again this time in home conditions. His highest T20 score is 172 and is regarded as one of the most dangerous and ruthless batter in the world.
- Glenn Maxwell – He doesn’t need any formal introduction. His out of the box batting style has carved out a niche for himself and he is in a league of his own. Maxwell is known for his unorthodox cricketing shots much like AB De Villiers. His strike rate – 153.38 is one of the highest in world cricket which makes him the most feared and dangerous batsman to bowl against. Maxwell has already been a part of World cup winning Australian teams twice, most recently last year in UAE and much like Aaron Finch he will also be a danger for any given opposition.
- Jos Buttler – New Captain Jos Buttler will be looking forward to make an instant impact as he is set to lead the English team for the first time in a world cup. Buttler has proved his mettle wherever he has played and his approach as an opener is extremely dangerous for the bowlers in front of him. He has a strike rate of 142.57 and has already displayed his class in all formats of cricket. He looks very calm in the middle but make no mistake he is capable of creating chaos among the opposition.
- Liam Livingstone – His strike rate of 152.06 is not a good sight for the bowlers even during the net sessions. Livingstone is a hard hitting modern day batsman with every attribute to become one of the greatest ever to play cricket. In 19 innings he has scored 368 runs and has also scored a hundred. He has shown his capability in the IPL as well as the International circuit. The 29-year-old is one of the most dangerous batsmen in this year’s ICC T20 World cup.
- Aiden Markram – The 27-year-old led the U-19 South African team towards world cup glory in 2014, which was South Africa’s first in any particular age group. Since making his International debut he has been a dangerous batsman with immense hard hitting ability. Markram has a strike rate of 152.64 with an impressive average of 42.47. He is a proven batsman for the South Africans as he has scored 722 runs in 21 innings.
- David Miller – David Miller is arguably one of the best cricketers coming from the region of South Africa. He has established himself as one of the most dangerous batsman who can effortlessly clear the fences. He has proved to be a match winner for his country and every other team he has played for. Miller won the IPL earlier this year with Gujarat Titans and was an integral part of the team scoring 481 runs with a strike rate of 142.72. Captain Temba Bavuma will be counting on his performance as South Africa will continue their hunt to finally land an ICC Trophy.
- Mossadek Hossain – Bangladesh’s 2022 Asia Cup campaign didn’t really go as they must have planned. They failed to secure a spot in the Super 4s after losing both of their group stage matches. However, Mossadek Hossain played small cameos in both the matches with an impressive strike rate. He scored 48 off 31 balls with a strike rate of 154.84 against Afghanistan and 24 off 9 with a strike rate of 266.67. Although his contribution was not for a winning cause but his capability indicates that he will be among the most dangerous batsmen during the world cup.
- Liton Das – Bangladesh Captain Shakib-Al-Hasan will also be banking on Liton Das during the T20 World Cup. Das was not a part of the Bangladeshi team that was on display during the Asia Cup but he is someone who comes with a lot of experience and is considered as a long term replacement for Mushfiqur Rahim who finds himself out of the T20 world cup squad. Liton Das is a technically sound batsman with a wide range of shots. He has scored 1081 runs in 53 innings for Bangladesh with a strike rate of 125.69 in the shortest format.
- Finn Allen – The 23-year-old doesn’t come with a lot of experience but he does have huge potential of becoming the most dangerous batsman during the T20 world cup next month. In 13 innings, Allen has scored 334 runs with an outstanding strike rate of 169.54. He was also a part of the New Zealand team that lost 3-0 against Australia during the ODI series earlier this month. The runners up of the 2021 T20 world cup will be hoping to take advantage of Finn Allen’s capability as the blackcaps will hope to take one step forward and get their hands on the T20 world cup trophy which they failed to do last year.
- Kane Williamson – The New Zealand captain is undoubtedly one of the best players in world cricket at the moment. He is the reason behind the Blackcaps’ recent success in all formats. The 32-year-old helped New Zealand reach the 2015 and 2019 50 over world cup but failed to win on both occasions. Williamson ended last year’s T20 world cup as the highest run scorer but again fell short from winning the tournament. Williamson’s never give up attitude makes him one the most dangerous batsmen in world cricket. He has scored 2096 runs in 75 T20 innings with an average of 32.34.
- Ibrahim Zadran – Based on his performances during the recently concluded Asia Cup, Ibrahim Zadran looks to be bright prospect for Afghanistan cricket. He ended the Asia Cup as the third highest run scorer behind Mohammad Rizwan and Virat Kohli. The 20-year-old showed great consistency throughout the tournament and has the potential of becoming one of the most dangerous batsmen in the Afghanistan team.