When Chief Selectors announced the Indian cricket team, 15 member squad, for T20 World Cup Squad 2021 there were few reservations on including 5 Spinners in UAE conditions and also when Ishan Kishan was picked ahead of Shreyas Iyer.
It seems that the decision taken by the selector has backfired as players like Kishan, Surya Kumar is finding it hard in the middle in the ongoing IPL 2021. With Hardik Pandya, not bowling due to fitness issues the question arises can we do well with this squad in the upcoming World Cup 2021.
Considering the current form it is difficult why change is need of the hour in the Indian Squad for the upcoming T20 World Cup 2021 in detail.
- The middle-order including the likes of Surya Kumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan is literally struggling at the moment and if the same performance continues in T20 World Cup 2021 Indian middle order will not do well in T20 World Cup 2021 which will be played in the same conditions.
- Hardik Pandya has batted well in the last match against Punjab Kings where he scored 45 runs but the concern is that he hasn’t balled a single delivery in the last four-match for MI and if he is not bowling in IPL how will he bowl in T20 World Cup 2021.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, and Mohammad Shami have done well for India in past on different occasions but all of them are taking wickets but shedding away lots of runs which they need to curb as quickly as possible as the first match is against Pakistan in the upcoming T20 World Cup 2021.
- Rahul Chahar is bowling well but he is not able to maintain his consistency in IPL 2021 whereas, on the other hand, Chahal is bowling superbly why wasn’t he considered for T20 World Cup is far beyond to understand.
- With Pandya not bowling one more fast bowler should have been included by the Chief selector who can complement Trio pretty well and keeping that in mind one player out of Chahar and Shardul should have been included in 15 members squad.