R Sanjay Yadav Introduction
R Sanjay Yadav’s story is the perfect example of rags to riches. The son of a daily wager, whose family could not even afford the dream of seeing their child as a cricketer, let alone being one in reality, are living the dream at the moment. With his brilliance and skills, Sanjay Yadav has done well not only in the domestic circuit, but has also been a part of the Indian Premier League.
Very recently, he has changed his domestic side. Even at his new side Meghalaya, the player is doing wonders. From playing in the second division of Tamil Nadu to bagging an IPL journey, Yadav’s journey has been a fairytale ride so far. He has also played in the Tamil Nadu Premier League for VB Kanchi Veerans.
R Sanjay Yadav Batting & Fielding Averages
R Sanjay Yadav Bowling averages
R Sanjay Early Life
- R Sanjay Yadav was born on 10 May, 1995, in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- His father’s name is Ram Singh Yadav.
- His father is a daily wage painter from Uttar Pradesh.
- When he was just five years of age, his father moved Gorakhpur to Tamil Nadu’s Hosur, to support his family.
- In his initial days, Yadav worked under the mentorship of his coach Premnath.
- Yadav spent his early cricketing days in the Future India Cricket Academy.
- Initially, Yadav had to drop put, because his father did not earn enough money to pay for his cricket coaching classes. But Premnath was very impressed with his abilities. Because of the talent his possessed, his coach did not charge him any money for attending the coaching classes.
- Yadav did his higher education from Loyola College. He studied statistics.
- In his college, he was admitted under the sports quota.
- The spinner is a huge fan of experienced Indian spinner, Ravichandran Ashwin, and Indian skipper Virat Kohli.
- After getting into the circuit, Yadav received the help of legendary Tamil Nadu cricketer Lakshmipathy Balaji.
- Sanjay Yadav’s mother’s name is Maya Devi. She is a homemaker.
- Yadav’s dream is to represent his nation someday.
R Sanjay Domestic Career
- Yadav made his T20 debut on February 3, 2017. against Kerala at Chennai. It was a Inter State Twenty-20 Tournament clash. He didn’t get a chance to bat in this game, but he scored an unbeaten 11.
- Yadav’s List A debut came for Meghalaya, in a Vijay Hazare Trophy Plate Group clash against Sikkim. It was on September 24, 2019, at Dehra Dun. He conceded only 6 runs in this game and took the wicket of Yashpal Singh.
- His first-class debut came against Nagaland, at a Ranji trophy Plate Group encounter. It was on December 9, 2019, at Sovima. Yadav scored a brilliant 61 in this match. But the main highlight was that, he almost wiped out the entire batting line up of Nagaland. Out of the 10 wickets in the first innings, 9 were picked up R Sanjay Yadav. He picked up 4 wickets in the second innings.
R Sanjay Achievements
- He has picked up 9-wicket haul on his first-class debut. This is the third-best bowling figure in Indian domestic first-class cricket.