|Glenn James Maxwell
|14th October 1988
|Kew, Victoria, Australia
|180 cm, 1.80 m, 5’11”
|73 kg, 161 lbs
Glenn Maxwell Career Stats
# Batting Career Summary
# Bowling Career Summary
Glenn Maxwell Biography
Glenn Maxwell is a cricket player, who plays for the Australian National Cricket Team. He has been a part of the team since 2012 and has been among the most successful players. Glenn Maxwell has had a successful stint with the side. Glenn Maxwell was born on October 14, 1988, in Kew, Melbourne, Victoria. Glenn Maxwell made his ODI debut for Australia National Cricket Team in 2012.
Glenn Maxwell’s main role in the team is that of a batsman, and is a prolific right-handed batsman, having scored plenty of runs for the teams, both in domestic and international cricket. He can also bowl part-time spin and bowls right-arm. He is a brilliant fielder and can field anywhere on the ground. He is good with both his, ground fielding and his catching.
Glenn Maxwell plays for the Australian National Cricket Team in ODI/T20/Test format. He represents the Lancashire team in domestic cricket and is also a part of the Indian Premier League team Delhi Daredevils, Kings XI Punjab, Mumbai Indians.
Glenn Maxwell Early Life
Glenn James Maxwell was born on 14th October 1988 in Kew, Victoria. He completed his high school education at Up Way High School. Maxwell had started playing cricket at an early age. His inclination towards the game was very much because of his father who was a coach in the local cricket circles. He entered the cricket world as a pace bowler but remodeled his run-up and became an off-spin bowler.
Although being a right-handed batsman, while at primary school he was compelled to bat left-handedly because when he batted right-handedly, he was unmatchable. He played his junior cricket (under-12) for South Belgrave CC. Because of his charisma and meritorious performance in the game, he is nicknamed “The Big Show”. He is also endearingly called “Maxi” by his teammates and family.
Glenn Maxwell Personal Info
Glenn was born to mother Joy Maxwell and father Neil Maxwell. He has an elder brother, Daniel Maxwell, and a sister Lisa Maxwell. He has had quite a happening dating life. In the year 2015, he was dating Sonja Steffen.
In 2017, his romance with Australian journalist and T.V. presenter, Candice Wyatt came into the limelight but they parted ways within a year. Currently, he is rumored to be dating an Indian-born Australian woman, Vini Raman.
Glenn Maxwell Professional Life
Glenn Maxwell plays for the Australian National Cricket Team in ODI/T20/Test format. His career started when he joined the Victorian squad for playing domestic cricket in 2009. His name became prominent after he scored the fastest 50 in Australia’s domestic cricket history, against Tasmania in 2010-11 while playing for Victoria.
His international debut was in 2012, against the Afghanistan cricket team in UAE. He made his T-20 debut against Pakistan in the same year, after which there was no looking back and he swiftly made into the Australian team for the ICC World T-20 and went on to play in the ICC Champions Trophy, IPL and a number of forthcoming ODIs. He played his first test match in 2013 against the Indian Cricket team. He is a dynamic player who has established himself as a key man in the Australian team’s middle order in shorter formats.
He excels at playing powerful, unconventional shots leaving his bowlers in sweats. Along with being an explosive batsman, he is a handy off-spinner and an outstanding fielder, which makes him a very reliable player especially when it comes to formats such as ODI and T-20.
Glenn Maxwell Achievements
- Maxwell set the record of smashing the fastest 50 (in 19 bowls) against Tasmania in the Ryobi Cup, 2011.
- He also scored the fastest century by an Australian, also the second-fastest century in World-Cup, against Sri-Lanka in the 2015 World-Cup.
- He is the 2nd Aussie player to score centuries in all three formats at the international level.
- During early 2015 that Maxwell broke into the top 10 of the ICC one-day international batting rankings.
- He is the first batsman to hit a century in his maiden T20 innings as an opener.
Unknown Facts about Glenn Maxwell
- He dislikes his nickname “The Big Show”.
- He was the most expensive player in IPL auction, 2013.
- He became the second man in history to defend two runs in the final over after Chris Pringle, he bowled a double-wicket maiden as Australia won by a run in the match between Australia and Pakistan in 2014, in Abu Dhabi.
- He has the joint-fastest half-century – off 18 balls – for Australia in ODIs against India in Bangalore in 2013.
- He holds the record of fastest T20I half-century as well, off 18 balls.
- He was named Player of the Tournament in IPL 2014 for his magnificent performance.
Glenn Maxwell Controversy
- Maxwell faced indirect accusations by the Al Jazeera’s document for his involvement in a possible match-fixing during the 3rd Test match between India & Australia held in Ranchi.
- He made news when the incident of him questioning Victoria captain Wade’s decision to bat above him in the Sheffield Shield match and being fined by the Australian management came to light.
Glenn Maxwell Net Worth
As of 2020, Maxwell’s net worth is $100,000-1M (USD).