Yuzvendra Chahal Introduction
Yuzvendra Chahal who was born on 23rd July 1990, is an Indian cricketer and former chess player, represents India in both One Day Internationals and Twenty20 Internationals. Yuzvendra Singh Chahal has also represented India in chess internationally at youth levels. He represents Haryana in Indian domestic cricket and Royal Challengers Bangalore in the very popular cricket series Indian Premier League. He is a leg break bowler.
Apart from being a leg-break bowler, Chahal is one of the only two players in T20I history to have taken a six-wicket haul!
Yuzvendra Chahal or lovingly called as Yuzi was born in Jind, Haryana. At the tender age of seven, he started to play chess. Because of the fact that he found it difficult to find sponsors and make it a living he abandoned the game and started focusing on Cricket. He started out as a medium-fast bowler, but later he turned into a leg spinner.
His father K.K Chalal is an advocate and his mother Sunita Devi is a housewife. He has two elder sisters, who are both settles in Australia.
Yuzvendra Chahal Career
Yuzvendra Chahal played chess at the National Level and participated in multiple championships. He is the first and the only player to represent India in both Chess and Cricket. He has been playing for Haryana
He started playing for Mumbai Indians. He made his international debut against Zimbave.
Yuzvendra Chahal is an international Indian National cricketer who plays both ODI and T20 international cricket. He played his first One Day International cricket or ODI on 11 June 2016.
His first T20 international cricket was played on 18 June 2016 with the Zimbabwe team.
He has played for India, Haryana, Mumbai Indians and Royal Challengers Bangalore. His first T20 debut on 7 November 2016 against New Zealand. He plays the role of a bowler. And his batting style is right-handed batting. His bowling style is Right-arm leg-break Google bowler.
His well-churned batting system involves him using his right hand, and his bowling style is using his right-arm leg-break Google bowler. His T20 Indian cricket bowling average is 15.50 and even his One Day International match bowling average is a whopping number of 25.70.
Actually, he was selected to play Asia Cup 2018 in the 15-man squad in India. ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 is playing the India team in England on 30 May 2019. But, yet now they didn’t say their squad.
His IPL career also showcased some flamboyant victories. Chahal took three wickets for just a score of 25 runs, which in turn lead his side to the victory by the eight wickets, in the second match. He became the first bowler for India to take a five-wicket haul in T20I series, on 1 February 2017. He is currently playing the IPL team.
He joined IPL auction 2019 and was retained Rs.6 crores in the Royal Challengers Bangalore team.
He started his IPL career with RCB by playing all 14 league games. Though he finished with only a small number of 12 wickets, Chahal’s name was given for the Emerging Player of the Year, which he, unfortunately, lost to Axar Patel. The next two seasons saw Chahal grow as a player – he started picking up an impressive 44 wickets, and he went on to become one of RCB’s vital cogs. In the 2018 edition, he went past Vinay Kumar to become the leading wicket-taker for the Bangalore franchise.
The Indian Premier League franchise RCB bought him in 2015 IPL auctions, and it is there where he found immense success and lots of attention. Apart from being the team’s highest wicket-taker for the next two years, he was also among their most massive match winners with the ball. With some noteworthy IPL and domestic performances, he paved his way into the Indian set-up and grabbed the opportunity to feature in T20Is and ODIs on the tour of Zimbabwe in the year 2016. After this incident, Chahal was not picked for any further series until the T20I series against England in 2017. In the decider match of the series, he delivered the best spell of his career by picking up 6 for 25. After missing out on selection for the Champions Trophy, he has made his berth fixed in the Indian squad in the limited overs format. He performed well in the home season of 2017 against Australia and New Zealand. He made every opportunity count, and if he keeps bowling the way he is bowling in the away series next year, then he will be Virat’s go-to man in the 2019 World Cup.
Though RCB retained only Kohli and AB de Villiers before the 2018 auction, Chahal was bought back later on by the Bangalore team via the RTM (right to match) fora humongous amount of INR 6 crore
Some Facts about Yuzvendra Chahal
- His favourite Players are Shane Warne, Virat Kohli, Sachin Tendulkar, Kevin Pietersen, Abhijeet Gupta and Cristiano Ronaldo.
- His favourite Sports are Cricket, Football & Chess.
- His favourite Actresses are Katrina Kaif and Deepika Padukone.
- His favourite Actors are Deepika Padukone and Akshay Kumar.
- He says that his favourite place is Paris.
- Yuzvendra Chahal, who used to represent Haryana in Ranji Trophy, is the only player to represent India in both chess and cricket.
- In 2002, this talented player was the U-12 national chess champion. He has represented the country at the Asian Youth Championship (U-12 category) in Kozhikode and also in the U-16 India at the World Youth Chess Championship in Greece.
- He is currently listed on FIDE’s (Fédération Internationale des Échecs/ World Chess Federation) official site, which is a massive achievement. As per the latest FIDE ratings, Chahal’s rating is 1956, which is an honorary thing.
- Yuzvendra Chahal had complete support from his family, but he had to change his focus from chess to cricket as he could not find a sponsor for himself, which is heartbreaking.
- Apart from the sports cricket and chess, Chahal also has a growing interest in football. He supports Real Madrid, and his favourite footballer is Cristiano Ronaldo.
- A complete kid at heart, Chahal is a self-acclaimed prankster. He very proudly talks about the pranks he has played and is mischievous. He loves to joke a lot and likes to keep the ball rolling.
- Chahal loves the actress Katrina Kaif, and also admitted that she would be his perfect and his dream date.
- Initially, Chahal used to be only a medium pacer, but later on, he went on to mastering the art of the leg spin.
- His favorite food is Butter Chicken.
- 5 Cricketers who have Represented their Countries in other Sports as Well
- KL Rahul Biography: Proposal Life, Career and Journey in Cricket
- Hardik Pandya Biography – Personal Life | Stats & Records | Net Worth and Controversies