The transfer market is heating up and had a lot of buzzes today as the summer window is closing in. Here are the top transfer Round-up stories of the day:
- Christian Walton joins Blackburn – If reports are to be believed, Brighton goalkeeper Christian Walton will be joining Blackburn on a season-long loan. The Englishman agreed on the terms after undergoing a medical at the club.
- Manchester City in talks with Thiago Almada – Known as the ‘new Lionel Messi’, the 18-year-old Argentine is being approached by the Blues for a possible transfer. According to reports, City could trigger the £16 million release clause of the youngster who still has 2 years left in his contract with Velez Sarsfield.
- Nabil Fekir signs for Real Betis – Fekir was the talk of the town and had derived interest from top clubs like Liverpool, who were in pursuit of the French playmaker last season, however, Fekir has finally signed with the Spanish side late last night for a bargain of £5 million.
Former Lyon attacking midfielder was on the verge to join Liverpool last summer but couldn’t due to a knee injury. Nabil will also get £9 million in incentives and Lyon would get 20% on sell on as part of the clause in the contract.
- United table bid for Nicolas Pepe – According to reports, the Reds are desperately trying to strengthen and have deepened their interest in Ivory Coast International, Nicolas Pepe, to sway him away from Liverpool and Arsenal.
United have offered £72 million for the winger, and it is believed this bid has put them in pole position for the signature of the winger. Reports also claim that Pepe has agreed on personal terms with Manchester United and it is a matter of time before Pepe becomes a Red Devil.
Arsenal, Liverpool, and Atletico Madrid had also, earlier, shown interest in the Ivorian.
- Wolves make the second offer for Pape Abou Cisse – Wolves are in dire need of defensive reinforcements and have identified Pape Abou Cisse as their man. The defender has been in the eye of the Premier League side for a while now, and they are set to offer a fee of around £18 million for the 23-year-old. Pape would be a good addition to the squad with Europa League to come this season.
The Senegalese defender has been at Olympiacos for 2 years now and would look to try untested waters. The 6 feet 6 inches defender could light up the Premier League and be a star in the making.
- Gareth Bale not leaving on loan – Gareth Bale’s agent has confirmed that the Welshman will not be going on a loan to any club after the manager Zinadine Zidane revealed that the club is working on a deal for Bale to leave. Things are getting intense in the club and the coming days would be interesting as the transfer window is coming to its end.
Bale has been linked to United but with different speculations doing rounds, it will have to be seen where Bale’s future lies.
- Arsenal chasing Dani Ceballos – The Gunners are keen on working out a deal with the Real Madrid midfielder for a season-long loan. The 21-year-old could be the second transfer for the Arsenal this season if the deal works out.
Ceballos has generated interest from Spurs as well, however, the London club is seemingly only interested in a permanent transfer.
- Bruno Fernandes wants to play in the Premier League – The 24-year-old has outlined his desire to play in England but has admitted that his future rests on the club President. According to reports, Manchester United has shown interest in the midfielder and are close to signing him.
Liverpool was also reportedly interested in him, which the club then officially declined.
- Arsenal still not spending enough for Wilfried Zaha – Crystal Palace have valued the forward at £80 million, which is no way near what the Gunners are offering. The southern England team recently suggested £55 million with £10 million dependent on clauses plus Reiss Nelson on loan as a temporary replacement for the Ivorian, however, Palace doesn’t seem to be keen on a structured deal of this sort.
- Aston Villa closing in on Mahmoud Trezeguet – The Lions are about to break their £100 million marks in spending this summer as they are closing in on signing their ninth player this summer. The 24-year-old Egyptian is their next target and can push through the deal with £8 million for the winger.
Aston Villa seems to be on the path of Fulham, who also broke the bank after promotion to the Premier League, however, things didn’t go as expected for them.
- James Rodriguez is preferred choice for Atletico – It all comes down to economics for the Spanish side to choose between the Colombian and Christian Eriksen as the former has a cost of around £35 million attached to him, while the Danish would be made available for a fee in the region of £60-70 million.