Pawan Negi Introduction
When translated in England, the word ‘Pawan’ means ‘wind’. The wind changed completely for Pawan Negi when his name was called up for the IPL auctions for the 2016 edition. The IPL auctions are often unpredictable, and players have a good chance of getting huge pay-cheques, provided a franchise is lacking in that very department where the player excels at.
Perhaps it was Negi’s lucky day, as Delhi Capitals, or the then Delhi Daredevils decided to break their bank for him. A millionaire overnight, Negi saw him earning INR 8.5 crores. Though the figure was still a bit inflated at that time, Negi was performing really well. Negi was a brilliant pinch hitter and an economical bowler for Chennai Super Kings back then. His performance has taken a dip, and currently, he finds him playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Pawan Negi Batting and fielding averages
Pawan Negi Bowling averages
Pawan Negi Early Life
- Pawan Negi was born on 6 January 1993, in the capital city, Delhi.
- He has an elder sister named Babita Negi. She is also a cricketer and has played for Delhi.
- Negi got his schooling from New Delhi’s Delhi Public School.
- Growing up, he was a huge fan of the god of cricket Sachin Tendulkar, and New Zealand’s skipper Daniel Vettori.
- Negi spent his early days in Gargi College’s RP Academy, in South Delhi.
- His parents always supported him in his quest to become a professional cricketer.
- Just like him, his sister also practised in Gargi College’s RP Academy. She is a science graduate from Delhi University.
- Negi’s IPL career peaked when he was a part of the Chennai Super Kings roster, but he made the headlines whilst at Delhi Capitals, mostly because of his salary. Currently, he earns INR 1 crore a season at Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Pawan Negi Domestic Career
- Negi made his T20 debut against Himachal Pradesh on October 20, 2011. Negi scored 21 runs in that match, and also picked up a couple of crucial wickets.
- Her first-class debut came in November of the same year, against Haryana at Delhi. He scored 30 runs in this game and picked up a single wicket.
- Negi’s List A debut in March of next year, in the Vijay Hazare Trophy quarter-finals against Assam. He conceded only 12 runs from 5 overs, and also picked up 2 wickets. One amongst those two was that of Assam’s skipper, Gokul Sharma.
Pawan Negi International Career
- Negi was called up for the 2016 Asia Cup.
- He made his debut on March 3, 2016, against the United Arab Emirates at Mirpur, Dhaka. Negi conceded 16 runs in 3 overs and took the wicket of Muhammad Usman.
Pawan Negi Achievements
- Back in 2016, Negi was the highest paid uncapped player in IPL.
- He has the best bowling figures of the now-disbanded Champions League T20. He took 5 wickets in a game by conceding just 22 runs.
- He was a part of the Indian team for the ICC T20 World Cup 2016.