There was a lot at stake for Kohli the skipper of RCB to lift IPL’s title as a leader at least once in IPL history but that dream shattered after KKR defeated RCB by four wickets to take one step closer to winning the IPL title.
With the loss against KKR, Kohli’s dream of lifting the IPL title for the Banglaore based franchise as a leader also perished however he might go on to win the IPL title for the same franchise as a player. The biggest question arises how Virat Kohli will be remembered as the skipper of RCB in IPL history in detail.
You’re the epitome and embodiment of what it means to have the #ChallengerSpirit. ❤️
— Royal Challengers Bangalore (@RCBTweets) October 12, 2021
- Virat Kohli who captained the franchise for 140 games in 7 years after taking over captaincy reigns with 49 percent is not bad as a leader in the history of a cash-rich league.
- Kohli is widely credited for giving opportunities to players to express themselves freely which include a long list of Harshal Patel, Glenn Maxwell, and Yuzvendra Chahal in the ongoing season of IPL 2021.
- Virat Kohli as a batsman has amassed 973 runs in the single-season of IPL 2016 which is still not broken and with his stupendous performance with the willow, he ensured that his side reach IPL final which they lost against SRH.
- Kohli is the highest run-getter in the history of IPL, and the loads of runs he has scored playing for only one IPL franchise speaks a volume about his contribution with the bat as skipper of the franchise.
- Kohli’s tactical skills have been questioned time and out including the blunt decision that he took after winning the toss in an Eliminator match against KKR and decided to bat first on that Sharjah Pitch which assisted teams who have played second and can chase those scores easily.
Overall Kohli as skipper has done a good job but not the greatest as at the end any captain is measured by the trophies he has won for his side and Kohli after captaining the same franchise for long couldn’t win a single IPL trophy as leader till date.