Shashank Singh Introduction
Shashank Singh has always been one of the favourites in the league cricket system in Mumbai. He is someone who loves to strike the ball in the cleanest way possible, he can also bowl utility off-breaks and is a good fielder too if required.
Taking consideration of his batting and bowling abilities both of this makes him a good package for white-ball cricket and the few clips of him in List A cricket have shown his hunger for playing. However he still might be not fully harnessed in terms of experience in the domestic circuit, Shashank is part of the set of players who have hope to use the IPL platform for their recognition. Speaking of the Indian Premier League, He has been picked by teams like Delhi Capitals at the 2019 auctions and also by the Rajasthan Royals.
In fact, he was the first allrounder bought at the IPL 2019, by Rajasthan Royals in the auctions. Shashank is an aggressive all-rounder and his presence has always balanced the squad. He has proved to be a utility player with his handy bowling while also hitting the long ball when needed.
Perhaps there were times when Shashank could cont deliver when required. He had instances where his bat failed to speak, and that immediately start ed to reflect in his batting. The same had an effect on his IPl career. when he started to getting ignored and unsold by many of the franchises.
Shashank Singh Batting and fielding averages
|Matches||Inns||NO||Runs||High Score||Average||BF||Strike Rate||100||50||4s||6s||Ct||St|
Shashank Singh Bowling averages
|Match||Inn||Balls||Runs||Wkts||Avg||Economy||Strike Rate||4 Wkts||5 Wkts|
Shashank Singh Early Life
- Shashank Singh was born on 21-11-1991 in Mumbai in the state of Maharashtra, India.
- He currently plays for Mumbai.
- The young Turk from Maharashtra has shown his big-hitting power in the domestic tournaments and that’s what helped him get in the 2017 IPL player auctions, where he was bought by the Delhi Daredevils team for 10 lakhs.
- Shashank started playing cricket since 2008 playing for the under 19 teams in Mumbai.
- He later joined DY Patil which became his second home.
- Over the years he developed himself into a solid top-order batsman who became a backbone in DY Patil’s batting line up.
- Shashank made his List A debut in December 2015 in the 2015–16 Vijay Hazare Trophy and has also featured for the Delhi Daredevils in the 2017 Indian Premier League.
- While he did not play for the Daredevils, he gained valuable experience from team lead Zaheer Khan and coach Rahul Dravid.
- Most recently, Shashank played for the Mumbai North East team in the inaugural T20 Mumbai League, winning the trophy with some powerful performances.
- The teams he has represented are Mumbai, Mumbai Cricket Association XI, Delhi Capitals, Rajasthan Royals, Chhattisgarh
Shashank Sigh Domestic Career
- Shashank made his First-class debut in the match Chhattisgarh v Odisha at Raipur on December 9-11, 2019 and the last first-class he played was Jharkhand v Chhattisgarh at Jamshedpur, on February 4-7, 2020
- His List A debut happened in Mumbai v Punjab at Hyderabad, Dec 10, 2015, and last Last List Karnataka v Chhattisgarh at Bengaluru, Oct 23, 2019
- His T20s debut includes Mumbai v Odisha at Cuttack, Apr 1, 2015, followed by the latest one Chhattisgarh v Hyderabad (India) at Chandigarh, on Nov 17, 2019 s
Shashank Singh Achievements
- Shashank had quite a few moments in his cricketing life to cherish. A few of them include his contribution with the bat where he scored 46 runs vs Jamshedpur on 4th February 2020.
- He also has a good bowling spell of 2/37 against Raipur on 9th December 2019.