Batting legend Virat Kohli will be achieving another feat in the history of the game once he steps on to the field tomorrow against Sri Lanka for his 100th Test match in Mohali he will become 12th Indian player to play 100 Test matches for India and with this new feat he will be standing in the group of players like Tendulkar, Ganguly, Sehwag and others who played more than 100 Test matches for India.
Let’s have a look at five players worldwide who have played more test matches for their country in detail.
- Sachin Tendulkar: Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar has achieved everything in the gentleman’s game and his long career consist of 24 years have amassed 15,921 runs with an average of 53.78 hitting 51 centuries. He is also the only player in the history of game to play 200 Test matches for the country.
- James Anderson: England speedster James Anderson comes second in the list of players to have played maximum test matches after Sachin Tendulkar with 169 matches in his kitty and he is still playing for England and considering his fitness you never know he might break record of Tendulkar’s 200 Test match. The fast bowling giant have clinched 640 wickets at an average of 26.58.
- Ricky Ponting& Steve Waugh : Former Aussie Skipper known for his fierce competitive nature on the field comes third in the list of players who have played most test matches in the history of the game with 168 games in his kitty. He has also scored 13,378 runs at an average of 51.85. The other name in the list is Steve Waugh who has also played same number of Test match have amassed 10,927 runs in the longest format of the game.
- Jacques Kallis: Former South African all rounder Jacques Kallis is regarded as one of the best all rounders to have played the game of cricket where he has scored 13,289 runs in 166 Test matches at an average of 32.65.
- Rahul Dravid: Wall of Indian cricket is regarded as one of the best red ball cricketers produced by India till date along with scoring 13, 288 runs at an average of 52.31 in 164 Test matches makes him fifth cricketer to have played the game of cricket.