The forthcoming WPL 2023 season is planned to begin on March 4 and run for a full 22 days, with the finale taking place on March 26.
Five teams will compete against one another for the overall championship.
We shall mention the 5 overseas players who were not signed for the WPL 2023 in this article. Let’s look at it:
5. Alana King: Alana King comes 5th in our list of players who remained unsold in WPL 2023.
With her tremendous expertise playing in Indian circumstances, she was expected to be selected for the WPL 2023, therefore her exclusion will be sorely missed.
Her performance in the final WBBL was outstanding; she took 17 wickets at an amazing economy of 5.91.
4. Sune Luus: She comes 4th in our list of players who remained unsold in the upcoming edition of WPL 2023.
She replaced Dan Van Niekerk as skipper of the South African national team, has been outstanding. As a batter, she has scored more than 1000 runs, in the majority of matches.
3. Suzie Bates: Suzie Bates comes 3rd in our list of overseas players who went unsold in WPL 2023 and the ace all rounder has been exceptional for white ferns across all formats.
She has played 140 T20I games where she amassed more than 3500 runs and clinched 55 wickets. Her experience would have come handy for distinct WPL franchise but her absence will impact WPL 2023.
2. Laura Wolvaardt: Laura Wolvaardt comes 2nd in our list of Top Overseas players who couldn’t have been picked but remained unsold in WPL 2023.
The 23 year old star proteas batter was expected to do wonders in the upcoming marquee event.
Her ability to switch gears with willow considering the situations of the game is phenomenal.
1. Danni Wyatt: The shocking name on the list is none other than Danni Wyatt, her immense experience of playing 130T20I games and scoring 2000 runs is a staggering record in itself.
She is currently 16th ranked batter in T20I women’s cricketer rankings so her absence in WPL 2023 was surprising to cricket fans.