Mahipal Lomror Introduction
Mahipal Lomror is a left-hander who likes to play his shots without getting scared or nervous about the situation or opposition bowlers. Though Lomror began his career as a hardcore batsman, he slowly transformed into a handy all-rounder who could bowl efficient left-arm spin. Lomror got the limelight during the 2016 U19 World Cup that helped him witness the right amount of recognition for the young man as he got the right balance between bowling along with his slow bowling while also creating some valuable cameos towards the end of the innings.
Like many U19 stars these days, Lomror also got the opportunity to grab an IPL contract as the Delhi Daredevils roped him in, however, he didn’t get a game for them and later got picked up by the Rajasthan Royals in 2018. Lomror indefinite qualities of leadership and techniques assisted in creating a name for himself.
Mahipal Lomror grabbed headlines during the U19 World Cup in 2016 due to his effective left-arm spin but he was actually a pure batsman initially before converting into a batting all-rounder. He was picked up by the Royals at the 2018 auctions and also featured in a couple of games that season without really getting ample scope to showcase either of his skills. Lomror has been a consistent former in the domestic circuit since his debut and revels in the shorter formats particularly. At his best, he is a dashing southpaw capable of batting in the middle order and his bowling is more than effective. Lomror is also a gun fielder who is much more mobile than you think him to be. The 2019 season should see him getting more opportunities to stamp his class.
Lomror who hails from Rajasthan gained has been a consistent player wherever given the opportunity. He was highlighted initially on the basis of his performances in India’s Under-19 team. The youngster who has been playing for his stateside in the junior domestic circuit got an opportunity to display his skills on a larger platform when he was selected for the ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup 2016 in Bangladesh. He was bought by the Daredevils ahead of the ninth season of the Indian Premier League.
The young all-rounder looks forward to turning up heads for the team in the IPL and will be looking to gain from the experience with the franchise and some legendary players.
Mahipal Lomor Batting and fielding averages
Mahipal Lomror Bowling averages
Mahipal Lomror Early Life
- Mahipal was born on 16 November 1999, at Nagaur Rajasthan
- At the age of six, he started playing cricket with a tennis ball in his village.
- He represented for Delhi Daredevils, Rajasthan Under-16, Rajasthan Under-19, Rajasthan
- His Favorite film is Favourite Film Bhag Milkha Bhag
- Mahipal is a huge fan of Adam Gilchrist‘s explosive style of batting
- Favorite Cricketers Batsman- Adam Gilchrist Bowlers- Ravindra Jadeja, Daniel Vettori
- Chandrakant Pandit, former Indian cricketer and Mumbai coach gave him the name ‘Junior Chris Gayle.’ In January 2018, he was selected by the Rajasthan Royals to play in the 2018 IPL.
Mahipal Lomror Domestic Career
|First-class debut||Rajasthan v Saurashtra at Vizianagaram, Oct 6-9, 2016|
|Last First-class||Delhi v Rajasthan at Delhi, Feb 12-15, 2020|
|List A debut||Madhya Pradesh v Rajasthan at Chennai, Feb 25, 2017|
|Last List A||Madhya Pradesh v Rajasthan at Jaipur, Oct 16, 2019|
|T20s debut||Madhya Pradesh v Rajasthan at Jaipur, Jan 30, 2017|
|Last T20s||Tamil Nadu v Rajasthan at Surat, Nov 29, 2019|
Mahipal Lomror Achievements
- In Under-19 World Cup, he took 4 wickets for 10 runs in five overs against England in Sri Lanka, after two months, Delhi Daredevils purchased him for ₹10 lakh in the 2016 IPL auction