Arshdeep Singh Introduction
The Indian team is currently blessed with superstars in all departments but one. The team is still searching for a left-arm seamer. With players like K Khaleel Ahmed failing to utilize the opportunities, Arshdeep Singh can be India’s answer to a long withstanding problem. Though Singh has achieved a lot in the tender age of 21, he is still very much a millennial in many aspects.
He is a mobile addict. Like many youngsters of the country, he spends most of his time killing enemies on PUBG, and winning chicken dinners. He also devotes a lot of time to Instagram. But keeping all of this aside, he is a very talented seamer. Singh is a part of the Indian Premier League franchise Kings XI Punjab. He is also a fan of Pokemon.
Arshdeep Singh Batting and fielding averages
Arshdeep Singh Bowling averages
- Arshdeep Singh was born on was born on 5th February, 1999 in Guna, Madhya Pradesh.
- His father’s name is Darshan Singh. He is the chief security officer at DCM.
- His mother’s name is Baljit Kaur.
- Singh has an elder brother, who lives in canada because of his work.
- He started playing cricket seriously at the age of 13.
- He spent his initial days at the GNPS School in Chandigarh.
- His mentor was Jaswant Rai.
- He did his schooling from the Guru Nanak Public School in Chandigarh.
- Singh got the spotlight on him when he took 13 wickets in the Vinoo Mankad Trophy for Punjab.
- He has also picked up 19 wickets in the Punjab Inter-District ODI Championship for the DP Azad Trophy in 2017.
- He first got a chance to wear the blue shirt when he was selected for the ACC U19 Asia Cup 2017 squad. His international debut was against Malaysia U19 at Kuala Lampur.
- He was a part of the India U19 team for the 2018 Under-19 Cricket World Cup.
- He was also a part of the India U23 side in the 2019 ACC Emerging Teams Asia Cup.
- He was selected for the U19 Challenger Trophy at the age of 17. He played for India Red.
- Singh is a huge fan of Australian left-arm quick Mitchell Starc.
Arshdeep Singh Domestic Career
- He made his List A debut at the 2018–19 Vijay Hazare Trophy on 19 September, 2018. It was an Elite Group A clash against Himachal Pradesh at Alur. He conceded 51 runs in this game, and took the wickets of Amit Kumar and Vinay Galetiya.
- His first-class debut was on 25 December 2019, at the 2019–20 Ranji Trophy. It was against Vidarbha at Nagpur. He picked up 3 wickets in this match, including the wicket of the dangerous Aditya Sarwate.
Arshdeep Singh Achievements
- He picked up a five-wicket haul in the U19 Challenger Trophy, while playing for India Red.
- In an U19 World Cup against Zimbabwe, Singh conceded only 10 runs in 7 overs. He also picked up 2 wickets.
- In his debut first-class game, he was the joint-highest wicket-taker.
- In his IPL debut, he picked up the wickets of two very experienced batters in Jos Buttler and Ajinkya Rahane.
- He was the second-highest wicket-taker in the 2017-18 Vinoo Mankad Trophy.