Born in South Africa on February 18, in the year 1990, Tabraiz Shamsi, a chainman bowler with ample variations and a googly, Shamsi emerged in South Africa was starting to heat to the wave of spinners being produced at domestic levels, although it has not been an easy road for him but he comes through.
Shamsi has been playing first-class cricket for teams such as Gauteng, Dolphins, and Under-19s, Lions, KwaZulu Natal, and Titans.
In the Caribbean Premier League T20 in 2015, Tabraiz Shamsi was the leading wicket-taker for the teams St Kitts and Nevis Patriots and in the 2015 Africa T20 Cup, He was inducted in the Eastern cricket team squads.
In the year April 2016, Royal Challengers Bangalore signed Shamsi as a replacement player for their injured Samuel Badree during the 2016 IPL. Here he made his debut against Rising Pune Supergiants at Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium in Pune where he took 1/36 in 4 overs as Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 13 runs.
In August 2017 for the first season of the T20 Global League, he was named in Stellenbosch Monarchs’ squadron. But soon afterward, in October 2017, Cricket Association of South Africa initially postponed the tournament until November 2018, when it was canceled.
He was named in the team for Titans team in the 2018–19 season. For the first edition of the Mzansi Super League T20 tournament on October 2018, he was named in Paarl Rocks’s team and was also the joint-leading wicket-taker for the team in the tournament.
He was first named in South Africa’s squad for the 2016 West Indies Tri-Series which started in the following month. Against Australia, He made his One Day International (ODI) debut during the ongoing tournament on 7 June the year 2016.
Against Australia on 24 November 2016He made his Test debut for South Africa with Nathan Lyon being his first test wicket, which he took in his debut Test.his Twenty20 International (T20I) debut for South Africa against England on 21 June 2017 and Virat Kohli became his first batsman in T20I wicket, which he took in his 3rd T20I.
Batting and Fielding Average of Tabraiz Shamsi
Bowling Average of Tabraiz Shamsi
Dwelling inside pout of his career we see his Test debut was Australia v South Africa at Adelaide in Nov 24-27, 2016.
The last Test was Sri Lanka v South Africa at Galle in Jul 12-14, 2018
- His ODI debut was Australia v South Africa at Providence on Jun 7, 2016, and Last ODI was South Africa v Pakistan at Durban, on Jan 22, 2019.
- T20I debut was England v South Africa at Southampton on Jun 21, 2017, and Last T20I was Australia v South Africa at Carrara on Nov 17, 2018.
- The first-class debut was South Western Districts v Gauteng at Oudtshoorn on Nov 5-6, 2009. Last First-class was Knights v Titans at Bloemfontein on Dec 19-22, 2018.
- His List A debut was South Western Districts v Gauteng at Oudtshoorn on Nov 7, 2009. Last List A was South Africa v Pakistan at Durban on Jan 22, 2019.
- The T20s debut was KwaZulu-Natal Inland v Eastern Province at Pietermaritzburg on Nov 20, 2011, and the Last T20s was Jozi Stars v Paarl Rocks in Johannesburg on Dec 14, 2018.