A name which suits Pakistan Cricket Team based on their performance in the last few years must be “Unpredictables”. Yes, you heard it correct a team who can beat any top side on their day and can register defeat against any weak side in the world and the latest example is losing ODI series against England B side where a majority of their main players couldn’t play due to COVID-19 cases in their biosecure bubble.
Let’s analyze how strong they are as a team on paper in this ongoing edition of T20 World Cup 2021 in detail.
- Their batting is heavily dependent on their opening batters Mohammad Rizwan and Babar Azam who have been magnificent in last few years in the shortest format of the game
- With the experience players like Mohammad Hafeez and Shoiab Malik back in the middle order will ensure stability in their batting lineup.
- The fast bowlers like Shaheen Shah Afridi and Hasan Ali are the key players for Men in Green and to a certain extent, their team is heavily dependent on these players.
- They certainly have huge power hitters like Fakhar Zaman, Asif Ali, and Haider Ali who can easily clear fences in the crunch moments of the game.
- There are areas where Pakistan is lacking at the moment and that is none other than specialist spinners they have inducted fewer quality spinners in their lineup as Shadab Khan and Imad Wasim are all-rounders not specialist ones.
- Apart from having all depth in their batting lineup, Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan is the only consistent batsman in their squad and if they don’t provide early start it might happen their batting can crumble under pressure.
Pakistan will start its campaign against India on 24th October 2021 in Dubai followed by two more quick games against New Zealand and Afghanistan on October 26th and 29th 2021 respectively.