India will be fielding 120 athletes in the upcoming Tokyo Olympics 2020 which is still 4 more than what they sent in the last Olympics. Gracenote which is an Olympic statistical expert-based organization that predicted that India will certainly win 17 medals in the upcoming Summer Olympics including 4 gold medals.
The categories like Shooting, Wrestling and Archery have been predicted to win more medals for India in Tokyo 2020. Let’s analyze the prediction of Gracenote related to 17 medals and figure out is it possible or not in the description below:
- Sport is an absolute leveler but it is also unpredictable at the same time and India winning 2 medals in Rio 2016 was something that you don’t expect from a country with a 1.3 billion people population.
- It is evident that Sports shooters including the likes of Manu Bhaker, Saurabh Chaudhary, and Abhisekh Verma have done wonders in the last 1-2 years but helding the nerve at the big stage like the Olympics will be the key for these youngsters to do wonder in the marquee event.
- Indian archer Deepika Kumari who recently won the Archery championship in Paris by attaining World ranking number 1 would be eager to replicate the same performance in the upcoming mega event.
- Indian javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra is certainly one of the biggest hope when it comes to winning medals in the Olympics especially due to his consistent performance in different competitions ahead of the marquee events.
- Indian wrestler including the likes of Bajarang Punia and Vineesh Phogat is expected to win medal for the nation due to their rankings individual categories and performance in last 2-3 years.
- India certainly has the potential to reach 17 medals mark but we need to accept that fact in most of the sports categories like Fencing, Javelin throw women’s category and Gymnastics we have only one athlete so ideally losing in any of those categories will diminish those hopes.
India certainly needs to buck up with winning more medals in the upcoming Tokyo Olympics as winning medals for the nation inspire lot of youngsters out there to take up any sport professionally and represent the nation at the International forum. It is certainly difficult to predict that 17 medals can be win by India but the only thing all the athletes will have to keep in mind to follow the process correctly and doesn’t get succumbed to pressure in one of the biggest sporting events in the world as they say the result is something which is not under control but the process is certainly.