Free Fire continues to be incredibly popular in India, where it has been illegal for almost a year. There is still no word on whether or not the game will ever again be available.
However, based on information from various media sources, we will argue in this piece that the well-known game Free Fire won’t make a sustained return to India. Let’s go over those details in more detail:
- It is uncertain whether Garena Free Fire is still playable on smartphones, and its servers are likely to be shut down shortly. Both Garena Free Fire and its improved version Garena Free Fire Max are still prohibited from being downloaded from the Apple Play Store.
- According to reports in several media publications, there is no constant update that the game of Free Fire will return to India with minor changes or not.
- The Free Fire game was initially banned, and when BGMI, a similar game, was released, it was also banned for security reasons. It has not been officially confirmed whether these two games—or any other variant of this similar game—will return or not. However, there have been voices in the Indian esports community.
- In contrast to BGMI, where Krafton constantly informs Indian BGMI supporters of developments, Free Fire producer Garena does not provide regular updates regarding the unban of this well-liked game in India.
- The unbanning of this game and the day the ban was announced are not usually discussed on Indian social media accounts of Garena.