Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) is a popular battle royale game that was developed specifically for the Indian market. The game does not currently allow global matchmaking, which means that players can only play with other players from India.
Also Read: Hackers in BGMI: A Growing Problem
However, there have been recent reports that Krafton, the developer of BGMI, is planning to introduce global matchmaking to the game. This would allow players from all over the world to compete against each other.
View this post on Instagram
There is no official confirmation from Krafton yet, but the rumors have been fueled by a number of factors. First, an image was recently circulated online that showed a screenshot of the BGMI lobby with an option to change servers. This suggests that Krafton is at least testing out the possibility of global matchmaking.
Second, several pro players have also hinted that global matchmaking is coming to BGMI. Saumraj “Saumraj” Raj, a player for Entity Gaming, said in a livestream that he believes global matchmaking will be introduced after six to seven months of the game’s launch.
Finally, Krafton has a history of bringing global matchmaking to its other games. For example, PUBG Mobile, the global version of BGMI, has had global matchmaking since its launch.
It is still too early to say for sure whether Krafton will bring global matchmaking to BGMI. However, the rumors and the evidence suggest that it is a possibility. If global matchmaking is introduced, it would be a major boost for the game’s esports scene and would allow Indian players to compete against the best players in the world.
Here are some of the pros and cons of global matchmaking in BGMI:
- Increased competition and challenge for players.
- Greater opportunities for esports players to compete on the global stage.
- More diverse gameplay as players from different regions bring different strategies and playstyles.
- Increased opportunities for players to make friends and connect with players from all over the world.
- Increased ping for players from certain regions.
- Language barrier between players from different regions.
- Potential for cheating and hacking.
- Increased toxicity in the game chat.
Overall, global matchmaking has the potential to be a major positive for BGMI. However, it is important to weigh the pros and cons carefully before implementing it.