Delhi Capitals who used to be called “Daredevils” once has grown in stature in IPL especially in the last 2-3 years and looking strong to lift the title of IPL 2021.
Capitals have won five matches out of seven that they have played so far in the ongoing edition of the cash-rich league under the leadership of new skipper Rishabh Pant who replaced Shreyas Iyer where the latter suffered from an injury.
Let’s dissect the reason responsible for the growth of Capitals as a franchise in the last 2-3 years of IPL in a detailed way
- Head Coach Ricky Ponting is the biggest asset for Capitals who has managed the side really well
- Ponting has instilled self-belief in these players who are young and willing to take risks in the crunch phase of the game.
- Rishabh Pant captaincy in the ongoing season has been praised by several cricket experts for being cool in a pressure situation.
- The overseas players who are part of the playing X1 have been given a particular role and they have successfully managed to fulfill that whenever needed.
- The likes of Steve Smith at number 3rd position in place of Rahane has strengthened their squad to a great extent.
- Delhi Capitals have a very strong bunch of Indian contingent in their lineup including the likes of Avesh Khan, Ishant Sharma, Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, and Rishabh Pant.
Delhi Capitals are currently placed at the second position in the points table with 10 points in IPL 2021.