It’s gonna be a riveting experience when these two super house teams France and Argentina will clash against each other on 18th December 2022 at 8.30 pm for FIFA World Cup final.
Before we analyse 3 important things which we need to know about this important clash in detail we must see their journey toward the final.
Argentina: Argentina’s road to the final wasn’t easy as they lost their opening clash against Saudi Arabia with a score line of 2-1. Let us reveal their result so far in the tournament in the below format:
- Group C Game 1: 2-1 loss vs. Saudi Arabia
- Group C Game 2: 2-0 win vs. Mexico
- Group C Game 3: 2-0 win vs. Poland
- Round of 16: 2-1 win vs. Australia
- Quarterfinals: 2-2 (4-3 penalties) win vs. Netherlands
- Semifinals: 3-0 win vs. Croatia
France: France road to the final might have faced some debacle but the way they have moved forward in this tournament losing their top player so far has been exceptional. Let’s us reveal France journey towards the final in the below format.
- Group D Game 1: 4-1 win vs. Australia
- Group D Game 2: 2-1 win vs. Denmark
- Group D Game 3: 1-0 loss vs. Tunisia
- Round of 16: 3-1 win vs. Poland
- Quarterfinals: 2-1 win vs. England
- Semifinals: 2-0 win vs. Morocco
Let’s analyze 3 important pointers ahead of this mega clash in detail:
- Both Teams are high scoring teams of tournament: Yes you heard it right, both teams are high scoring nation in Qatar. France has slight edge over Argentina in terms of scoring with 13 goals in reference to 12 goals scored by later in this tournament.
2. Head to Head Matchups between Argentina and France: If we come across Head to Head match ups between two superpower teams La Albiceleste(Argentina) has good track record against France where they have won 6 matches out 12 clashes held before.
They have lost 3 games and 3 games were drawn.
- 1930 FIFA World Cup Group Stage: Argentina 1-0
- 1965 International Friendly: Draw 0-0
- 1971 International Friendly: France 4-3
- 1971 International Friendly: Argentina 2-0
- 1972 Brazil Independence Cup: Draw 0-0
- 1974 International Friendly: Argentina 1-0
- 1977 International Friendly: Draw 0-0
- 1978 FIFA World Cup Group Stage: Argentina 2-1
- 1986 International Friendly: France 2-0
- 2007 International Friendly: Argentina 1-0
- 2009 International Friendly: Argentina 2-0
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Round of 16: France 4-3.
3. France will create another record if they win this final: Many people would not be aware about that if France manages to win final clash against Argentina being last edition defending champions they will fall in this list of becoming 2nd country after Brazil who won world cup in 1958 and 1962 respectively.