The squad of the Asian Games 2023 has been announced, and the name of Shikhar Dhawan is not there in the team. There is no doubt, that the names of other senior players are also not there. But the reason players like Rohit Sharma, and Virat Kohli are not playing is because of their commitment to the World Cup. The name of Shikhar Dhawan is not there in the World Cup team, so he should have got the chance in the Asian Games. An experienced player is always an asset to the team.
Past records of Shikhar Dhawan for the Indian Team?
Dhawan started his career in a great manner. He went on to score 187 runs in the debut Test match. In the same manner, he went on to score several big scores for India later on. In ODIs, he was an even bigger asset for the Indian team. You can look at some of his records below.
- 187 vs Australia at Mohali in 2013 is to date the highest score by any Indian batsman on debut in Test Cricket.
- He is the 9th fastest batsman to reach 5000 ODI runs.
- In total, he is having over 6000 ODI runs, at an average of 44.11.
- In Test Cricket he has scored over 2000 runs with a healthy average of 40.61.
- Overall, he scored over 9000 international runs and even 24 international centuries.
In big tournaments like ICC Champions trophy, he was brilliant. However, even after these brilliant records he was dropped from the team.
Why Shikhar Dhawan was not selected?
Fans really want to know the reason Shikhar Dhawan was not selected. That is because even after these brilliant records if a player is getting dropped, then it looks completely unfair.
It is going to be interesting to see the performance of the youngsters. They are all by themselves now without any experienced players.