|Full Name:||Varun Chakravarthy Vinod|
|Birthday:||29th August 1991|
|Birthplace:||Bidar, Karnataka, India|
|Height:||175 cm, 1.75 m, 5’9″|
|Weight:||70 kg, 154 lbs|
|Father:||C.V. Vinod Chakravarthy|
|Net Worth:||₹8.4 Crore|
Varun Chakravarthy Career Stats
# Batting Career Summary
# Bowling Career Summary
Varun Chakravarthy Biography
Varun Chakravarthy was born on 29th August 1991, in Bidar, Karnataka. He started playing cricket when he was 13 years old. He wanted to become an Architect and pursued his graduation in Architecture from SRM University.
He worked as an architect for 2 years before quitting his job to choose cricket as a full-time career.
Varun Chakravarthy Domestic Career
Varun made his List A debut for Tamil Nadu in 2018-19 Vijay Hazare Trophy. He emerged as the leading wicket-taker in the tournament by taking 22 wickets in nine matches.
He came into the limelight in the Tamil Nadu Premier League in 2018 when he represented Siechem Madurai Panthers team and took nine wickets in 10 matches with an economic bowling figure. He caught sight of IPL teams and was bought by Kings XI Punjab for the 2019 season of IPL.
Varun Chakravarthy IPL Career
Varun was bought by the Kings XI Punjab franchise in the Auction of IPL 2019 at a whopping price of 8.4 crores. He was known as a mystery spinner due to the many bowling variations he had under his belt. he just played 1 match for Kings XI Punjab before getting released by them. Varun has been acquired by the Kolkata Knight Riders franchise for the 2020 IPL season. He also holds a record of conceding the highest runs (25 runs) as a debutant in an over.
Unknown Facts about Varun Chakravarthy
- At the age of 13, Varun Chakravarthy started playing cricket as a wicket-keeper-batsman.
- At the age of 17, he quit cricket; as he didn’t see his future in it. So, he decided to become an architect.
- After two years of working as an architect, he left the job and chose cricket as a career.
- In 2015, Varun started playing cricket as a medium pace bowler for the CromBest Cricket Club.
- Once, during a match for CromBest Cricket Club, he had suffered a knee injury, thereafter, he couldn’t play for six months.
- He then made his comeback as a spinner and started playing for Jubilee Cricket Club in the fourth division.
- Varun Chakravarthy was also inducted into the Tamil Nadu’s Karaikudi Kaalai team; however, he couldn’t get an opportunity to play.
- He came into limelight in 2018 when he played for the Siechem Madurai Panthers in Tamil Nadu Premier League (TNPL), where he took nine wickets in 10 matches and delivered 125 dot balls out of the 240 balls.
- In 2018, Varun Chakravarthy got selected to play for Tamil Nadu, and he made his List A debut against Gujarat at Chennai in the 2018-19 Vijay Hazare Trophy.
- In the 2018-19 Vijay Hazare Trophy, he took 22 wickets in 9 matches at an economy rate of 4.23.